Just saying G'day and got a 57 11 window

New to VWs or just new to Split Busses? Want to know more? This page is for people thinking about, or just getting into splits - ask your questions, get some free advice, members always happy to help out.

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

66 Deluxe
DSKer

Just saying G'day and got a 57 11 window

Post by 66 Deluxe »

Hey yall, i'm Damo and i just bought a 57 11 window from Al @ das resto haus, he will be repairing all the rusty areas and then i will bring it home, it's already had the IRS kit installed and front dropped spindles installed, i will be leaving the paint all ratty and make the mechanical side of things perfect, i plan on using an L bug trans which i will mate at the moment a 2056 type 4 with DTM cooling kit with weber 44 IDF carbs, aiming for about 140hp and equal torque. This will hopefully be my daily driver to and from work where i build and overhaul jet engines, so my partner and i are aiming for a aviation style theme with the bus, we have called it "Bombshell Belle" and my partner Raquel wil be doing all the 40's style WW2 artwork to the bus.

Damo.
splitbus
DSKer

Post by splitbus »

Welcome aboard Damo, sounds good, now put your seatbelt on, your seat in the upright position, stow your table and get ready for takeoff.

Yes I'm an idiot.

Cheers, Mike
Shaven
DSKer

Post by Shaven »

welcome damo...
mate uve done well with Al. all the best... love the theme your going for...
cheers matty
Only those whom drive a Dual Cab, Know what real driving is all about
Leroy
DSKer

Post by Leroy »

Welcome aboard Daimo. Awesome patina machinea you got there 8)
66 Deluxe
DSKer

Post by 66 Deluxe »

Thanks people, Shaven, love your DC lots, here's a link to what i am starting off with. http://www.manxgallery.org/gallery/album469 lots of work but i'll get there.
morts
DSKer

Post by morts »

Good on you Damo and welcome. Its great how you are going to leave it ratty on the outside :D as this bus has somne serious patina...
No matter what happens they can't take you out in the street and shoot you......
Shaven
DSKer

Post by Shaven »

mate i love that 57... are you going to keep the exterior like that with the two different colours... "Love It"
4tune8
DSKer

Post by 4tune8 »

well fcuk me! here's its twin!! my son, rhys's bus

like your plan Damo, this one has already been rebuilt (bottom 8 inches), the upright type 4 is a cool move. with some luck rhys might start a thread on his (and hodgies) progress :roll:

welcome aboard
peter & s-j
Shaven
DSKer

Post by Shaven »

pete... this is a very clean bus. noice...
66 Deluxe
DSKer

Post by 66 Deluxe »

:shock: It is it's twin, holy shit. I plan on keeping the paint the way it is and replacing the metal where needed with the funky green panels, best thing about it is it's already at das resto haus and Al needs the room so hopefully work will start on it soon. Yep, love the type 4 engine, i built quite a few now, i even worked for Jake Raby in July, building and dynoing them. I plan to start with a 2056 but will then build a 2432 which is 84x96 combo that i built over there which made 223hp and 215tq at 5500rpm, that should push the old girl along nicely. Has anyone tried the CSP 205 disc brake kit? i like the look of them plus you can get the vented rotor at the front. I've already got porsche 944T brakes all round on my bug so i want to keep the 205 pattern for the split. Also looking for a front bench seat too everything else seems to be there.

Cheers Damo.
kombibob
DSKer

Post by kombibob »

Nice one Damo,
Looking forward to rat cruzin with ya when she is on the road.
get down low and go go go
4tune8
DSKer

Post by 4tune8 »

cool damo 8) even has the same white paint splashes on the rear corner wtf? had to go out to shed to check if its still there
:lol: :lol:
rhys is staying with patina, lowering dropped spindles and creative IRS, have been lookin at jake rabys DTM kit, just saving pennies at mo for next stage, so will go with straight 1600 till funds allow a bit more rodding.

keep us up to date with photos from als, good stuff

cheers, peter
4tune8
DSKer

Post by 4tune8 »

Shaven wrote:pete... this is a very clean bus. noice...
yeah matty, did you check it out when it was at hodgies? looks tops with the 'Raptor' kit
phatratpat
DSKer

Post by phatratpat »

love the concept Damo !!can see you in a bomber jacket with
Bombshell Belle emblazoned across the back!! 8)
i'm a fat bastard that wrote off a samba !!
66 Deluxe
DSKer

Post by 66 Deluxe »

kombibob wrote:Nice one Damo,
Looking forward to rat cruzin with ya when she is on the road.
Hell yeah but will you be able to keep up, i plan on making it supersonic. There's bogeys all over the sky like fire flies.