Hi everyone

New to VWs or just new to Split Busses? Want to know more? This page is for people thinking about, or just getting into splits - ask your questions, get some free advice, members always happy to help out.

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

keith-o-sullivan
DSKer

Hi everyone

Post by keith-o-sullivan »

Hi everyone I have been on the site for a while but have just been looking around jealously at your incredible projects and some of the sweet buses that are on here, I came here as a backpacker with the intention of staying for 6 months for a holiday but 2 years later im still here, and loving it :D unfortunatley all my vdubs are at home so this site is keeping the addiction satisfied, for now anyway
zeuspig
DSKer

Post by zeuspig »

Hello and welcome mate.

Where are you based?

Any pics of your old buses?
Shaven
DSKer

Post by Shaven »

zeuspig wrote:Hello and welcome mate.
Where are you based?
Any pics of your old buses?
as above... mate welcome. thankx for saying hello... better then lurking :lol:
so what do you have back home :?: enjoy DSK :wink:
Only those whom drive a Dual Cab, Know what real driving is all about
keith-o-sullivan
DSKer

Hey thanks for the welcomes, I had only just bought a bay before i left was a x-german lhd camper but was a rust bucket only got it for parts really but i have a 66bug(slammed), 71bug(german look), 60's SWB street buggy still sitting in the garage, i have always wanted a split but they are hard to find in ireland. Ill have a look and see if i can find some picks.
I am living in Mackay QLD at the moment working for Bridgestone earthmover tyres as an engineer.
Is there any other DSKers up this way?
zeuspig
DSKer

Post by zeuspig »

Good old Mackay hey, I have alot of family/friends there spent alot of time there myself.

Then made a move to the Sunny Coast.
keith-o-sullivan
DSKer

Couldn't blame you for that mate, love the sunny coast beautiful spot, my girlfriends mother is building a house up there at the moment beautiful place. Some nice driving roads round there too!