Gday from Hobart

New to VWs or just new to Split Busses? Want to know more? This page is for people thinking about, or just getting into splits - ask your questions, get some free advice, members always happy to help out.

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

KombiCam
DSKer

Gday from Hobart

Post by KombiCam »

Hi all.
First post here, though I have been lurking for a couple of months now. Not posted anything because I do not have a split, and today my account stopped working, so I have it fixed now and figured I should say hi!
I am from Hobart and just bought a late bay camper (sunliner) from Melbourne, some of you would have seen it/met me on the first leg of revolks.
Since I have a Bay I am more or less on KC but I do love splits and would love to get one some time so I will be hanging out a bit here too :)

Oh also I am trying to organise a get together over on KC at the moment, DSK people more than welcome, will be on Nov 28 at this stage, I will start a thread about that here though.
IN2VWS
DSKer

Post by IN2VWS »

Hi Cam,

Welcome aboard.

John
Love is like a fart,
If you have to force it, it's probably shit.
KombiCam
DSKer

Post by KombiCam »

Thanks! Oh, my name is Nige, but my business is called KombiCam :) Hence username ;) I think there is a guy from WA using same username on KC.com though, whose name is Cam.
Nige
warb
Mod

Post by warb »

welcome mate..
headstone
DSKer

Post by headstone »

hey nige great shots from revolks , hows the kombi going,
60 panel
headstone
DSKer

Post by headstone »

hey nige great shots from revolks , hows the kombi going,
60 panel
KombiCam
DSKer

Post by KombiCam »

Hi Tony going well thanks mate, its heading in to the trimmers tomorrow morning for a new canvas for the pop top. Have got all the back emptied out, new cupboards being made basically copies of the original just in new white mdf or whatever they use, also in a few days going in to get some paint sprayed around the interior panels then off to get some signwriting done :) Not that the signwriter has bothered to even get back to me with a quote. Might have to chase up the guy that did the Splitty Calendar stickers on Granny.
Car is really driving well. Its strange when I get back in my WRX I forget it has 5 gears and the indicators on the right side of the column, and I have only been driving that car for 11 years now...
Nige
Rawdyn
DSKer

Post by Rawdyn »

Great pics Nige.

That bus is super cool too. You did well on that one.

Yeah, give Ryan a bell at esigns.com.au (aslo on here as warb) and he'll take care of you. He just raced off a Splitty Calendar banner for me no fuss.

Look forward to some pics of your fresh interior too.
KombiCam
DSKer

Post by KombiCam »

Thanks Rawdyn, will chase him up tomorrow if I get a chance. I am getting sick of waiting, I went to see them last monday to get the car measured and all, and not heard a thing since. Very ordinary...
I will post some pics up on here as the work progresses, as long as I dont get chased away for putting pics of a Bay up. Sadly a Split is too rare/expensive and small for my business use. Working on getting the wife to allow me a splitty rat though ;)
Nige
headstone
DSKer

Post by headstone »

KombiCam wrote:Thanks Rawdyn, will chase him up tomorrow if I get a chance. I am getting sick of waiting, I went to see them last monday to get the car measured and all, and not heard a thing since. Very ordinary...
I will post some pics up on here as the work progresses, as long as I dont get chased away for putting pics of a Bay up. Sadly a Split is too rare/expensive and small for my business use. Working on getting the wife to allow me a splitty rat though ;)
good thigs come to those who wait :D :D no stuff it i want it now
60 panel