Hello from Nelson Bay

New to VWs or just new to Split Busses? Want to know more? This page is for people thinking about, or just getting into splits - ask your questions, get some free advice, members always happy to help out.

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

browndogproductions
Newly Converted

Hello from Nelson Bay

Post by browndogproductions »

Hello all split connection members,

Just though I would write my first post and introduce myself.

My name is Dan Brown (not the author) and I am from the small coastal township of Nelson Bay. I’m twenty two years old and have just completed my degree in Physical Education.

I have been interested in splitty's since an early age and have wanted to purchase one since I got my licence though lack of funding and a few missed opportunities means I am still without.

I have been working hard and saving my pennies so I can afford one in good condition to love and tressure. So if anyone knows someone who is thinking of selling their spitty to a caring individual, don’t hesitate to drop me a line. Either PM or mobile (0401248102). 8)

Otherwise I look forward to meeting you all,
Dan.
IN2VWS
DSKer

Post by IN2VWS »

Hi Dan,

Welcome to DSK. I hope you find what you are looking for.

John
Love is like a fart,
If you have to force it, it's probably shit.
kombiing
DSKer

Post by kombiing »

Hey dan,

Welcome to the club
There was a rusted out splitty in the wreckers in nelson bay 3-4 years ago that might b a start for ya if it is still there can't remember the street name but it was in the bush on the left as you drive out towards the highway
SplitPersonality
DSKer

Post by SplitPersonality »

Dan welcome,
This one for sale on here atmo looks like great value.. Won't find many lowered, complete, solid driver splits under 15K, and it's a double door.(rare)
Don't be put off by a little RATtitude, it's all character until (if) which time you wanna pretty it up...
viewtopic.php?t=13015&start=0&postdays= ... highlight=

All the best with the hunt :wink:
browndogproductions
Newly Converted

Post by browndogproductions »

Thanks for the support guys.
Hopefully ill find a good splitty soon..

I remember seeing the rusted out splitty at the wreckers near the bay. I approacked the guy who owned the wreckers and he told me it wasnt for sale cefore I could even say hello. So no luck there. haha.

That double door does look like a good buy. I will have to contact the advertiser (Scott) and see where its located. You may see a new owner ver soon! :D

Thanks again!