APB

New to VWs or just new to Split Busses? Want to know more? This page is for people thinking about, or just getting into splits - ask your questions, get some free advice, members always happy to help out.

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

DubbinDan
DSKer

APB

Post by DubbinDan »

Help needed.

To those responsible for such a great site - thanks. The DSK has been a great read in the last few months and has served to ramp up my desire for a bus to a fever pitch. My wife thought I was obsessed with the beetle. She had no idea. This is a whole new level. However despite my enthusiasm, for checking the Trading Post, Car point, AVD, DSK, Kombi Club, Cars Guide, Ad Post, E Bay and on and on I have not had any luck in finding a decent split for a reasonable price. I
Attachments
26.jpg
26.jpg (77.08 KiB) Viewed 10215 times
popoutgalore.jpg
popoutgalore.jpg (58.87 KiB) Viewed 540 times
byronbus
Admin

Post by byronbus »

Give Steve at Kombi Rescue a call 0400 356 057 a call, he may have just what your looking for...
crewcabconnection
Mod

Post by crewcabconnection »

Wasn't Pommie Tony selling his dumped 11 window? Off sider of Steve at Kombi Rescue. It can cost a tidy sum to get a basket ca se back on the road, so would suggest you've got the right plan. Just don't jump at something too soon ...

Lowered front end, IRS, 1600 and LBug conversion will add 3/4k to the buy price. Again have a look around, plenty of local people with the parts and a few that will install too, but if it comes pre-done, do check that its been a good modification.

I'd suggest you try for something as original as possible, failing that anything that's restored should come with a bag of bills and step by step photo documentation of the resto.

Feel free to ask if you see something ... many buses have been around for a while and more than likely someone will know of it.
Cognitive Dissonance - The only way to grind.
byronbus
Admin

Post by byronbus »

Give muller a call, he know either way...He likes to be called grand daddy, address him as that and he'll look after you
DubbinDan
DSKer

Post by DubbinDan »

Appreciate the sound advice guys. Thanks. I'll check in with Steve soon. Any further leads always welcome.
Cheers
Dan
winerot
The Chairman

Post by winerot »

steve (muller) have the dsk badge thanks mate & ive decided on getting
the 59 restored so i will get that roof off you if thats okay.
dubbindan i would ring steve muller as the others have said
he knows more than most might have something amongst he's great collection or point you in the right direction.
cheers wally
http://mirrorimageweddings.com.au/
I am seatless none nudda zero zilch, have some lefties seeing that's the flavour of the month :oops:
thecanoeguy
DSKer

don't add up

Post by thecanoeguy »

the things you want and the price you wast to pay don't go hand in hand unfortunately, so you may have to sell some of your house hold effects to get one ,this seems to be the way its going ,but on the good side if you get a good one or do one right it seems to be a good investment not money down the drain like most car mods so keep looking
DubbinDan
DSKer

Re: don't add up

Post by DubbinDan »

thecanoeguy wrote:the things you want and the price you wast to pay don't go hand in hand unfortunately, so you may have to sell some of your house hold effects to get one ,this seems to be the way its going ,but on the good side if you get a good one or do one right it seems to be a good investment not money down the drain like most car mods so keep looking
Hey Canoe Guy, thanks for the comments. Is true - as I am discovering. You have PM/U2U
Regards
Dan
Spankey the magic chimp
DSKer

Post by Spankey the magic chimp »

Man, you gotta love the rear wheel spats on the pic of that "pop-out galore" Where do ya gotta go to find accessories like THAT!!
"watch me pull a monkey out of my pants....PRESTO!!"
Volksaddict
DSKer

Post by Volksaddict »

Wonder how you change the rear wheel..carry a can of finilec
Here here ..good advice fellas
Cheers and Beers rayv
muzza72
DSKer

Post by muzza72 »

hey dan just keep spreading the word that your on the lookout its surprising what can happen when you least expect

cheers murray
crewcabconnection
Mod

Post by crewcabconnection »

I got pics of the 65 Westfalia in Rockhampton, only wants 5k for it. Claims it's rust free. 0421 171 898. Obviously needs work, but hey it's a real Westie.
Cognitive Dissonance - The only way to grind.
byronbus
Admin

Post by byronbus »

Post em up here CCC
Frogsta
DSKer

!

Post by Frogsta »

Adams westy was a real good buy.
How bout the one on the Goldcoast, the 61 for 15g's looks good....or is that too much?
"-Hannovermetalmadness-"(Debilitating desease with no known cure).
DubbinDan
DSKer

Post by DubbinDan »

Thanks for the tips guys.

I did see the shots of the Westy, 61 Bus on GC (that was very tempting) and have just posted shots of the Rat Ute in Newcastle - someone jump on this! However all are outside my current limited range - i.e not a seated bus and too much work given my job, little kids, and lack of work space.

Good news though is that I am close and hope to finish the arrangement for acquisition very soon. Will post something as soon as it's official.

For y'all going to Narooma - have a blast.

Thanks

Dan