VW crazy; here for therepy :P

New to VWs or just new to Split Busses? Want to know more? This page is for people thinking about, or just getting into splits - ask your questions, get some free advice, members always happy to help out.

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

Fishynos72
DSKer

VW crazy; here for therepy :P

Post by Fishynos72 »

Hi everyone,

Another newbie here.

I've been into VW for as long as i can remember, and have owned my 72' beetle since 2006, and my bay-window kombi for 3 years. I'd love to own a splitty but I'm just too poor. My beetle took me 5 years to restore from the ground up and my kombi is still a rust riddled mess i aim to finish it by the end of next year.

Here's a link to the resto thread:
http://forums.kombiclub.com/showthread.php?t=29065

I've recently started another project; to build myself a VW dealership style workshop. I've invested in as many workshop books detailing the tooling of the service departments in Australia, as i can afford. so Now I'm chasing the work shop tools.

just bought these last weekend

If any one has any MATRA or HAZET stuff please let me know as i curious to see others collections and to purchase items if the owner/s wishes to sell them.

Any other cool dealership memorabilia like signage and other nick knacks also float my boat.
I am also working part time (school permitting) at Volkshome Thomastown for three years now too.

So If anyone sees me around driving, at a VW meeting or event say hello as I'm always looking to meet like minded people (or insane depending on who you ask).

Regards Jordan
KombiMadness
DSKer

Post by KombiMadness »

Hey Jordan welcome.....

Checking out the KC thread makes your age about 17? (you were 15 when you started it..)

Great to see some more 'young blood' into Vee Dubs. 8)

Carry on the passion and all that shit. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fishynos72
DSKer

Post by Fishynos72 »

KombiMadness wrote:Hey Jordan welcome.....

Carry on the passion and all that shit. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hahaha right on :lol: :lol:

yeah i'll be 17 in may,

thanks
Shaven
DSKer

Post by Shaven »

hi jordan,
mate welcome to DSK... glad you have joined us.

there is a guy on here that basically has his own library... he will contact you if he feels the need.. so saying that id get some $$$ ready just in case. it will cost you though haha :lol:
cheers matty
Only those whom drive a Dual Cab, Know what real driving is all about
MID WEST DUBBER
DSKer

Post by MID WEST DUBBER »

Welcome to DSK buddy, owning Volkswagens at a young age is an awesome feeling ay, I'm 14 and I have 3 VW's (62 beetle, 76 camper, 63 splitty). Keep saving and searching and you'll find a splitty.

Cheers Rusty.
KombiKarmaDel
DSKer

Post by KombiKarmaDel »

Welcome Jordon, really impressed to see yourself & Rusty starting your love affairs with cars at such a young age & giving it a red hot go. Just awesome :) Got my first VW a 62 Beetle when I was 15yrs then my 61 Splitty when I was 18yrs :) Will keep my eyes open on my travels for any manuals for you - Cheers & Welcome - Del
“It's just a ride.â€
Fishynos72
DSKer

Post by Fishynos72 »

wow guys,
thanks for the kind words.
easily the best reception i've gotten on any vw forum :lol: