Here's hoping ......

New to VWs or just new to Split Busses? Want to know more? This page is for people thinking about, or just getting into splits - ask your questions, get some free advice, members always happy to help out.

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

Dibsy
DSKer

Here's hoping ......

Post by Dibsy »

Hi, Just saying hello to everyone. I have owned a few lowlight Kombi's in the past and a Beetle but like everyone what i really want is a Splitty !

Well, i decided it was now or never to try and find one so i have sold off my ten Scooters and assorted clutter and started to look about ...... Hmm ... perhaps i did not anticipate having to take out a second mortgage to get one :(

So my predicament is do i but a reasonably tidy Bay window & please the wife, or buy a very rusty / tatty Split and attempt to restore bearing in mind that i do not weld ! At this juncture i am thinking of a US import but i don't think my wife would like to drive a lefty !

I'm in Greenbank on Brisbane Southside and enjoyed seeing the Splitties on show at Pimpema today ... any unfinished projects please point my way.

Cheers !
Ian 68
DSKer

Post by Ian 68 »

Hey and welcome to DSK.

10 scooters ? Vespa / Lambretta ??

Best

Ian
Proudly sponsored by Cunado wear.
D-Train
DSKer

Post by D-Train »

Welcome, did u sell ur scooters to Jeff?
IN2VWS
DSKer

Post by IN2VWS »

Welcome.

Were you selling your European scooters on ebay recently?
Love is like a fart,
If you have to force it, it's probably shit.
Dibsy
DSKer

Post by Dibsy »

Ian 68 wrote:Hey and welcome to DSK.

10 scooters ? Vespa / Lambretta ??

Best

Ian
Hi Ian,

Yes mostly German Maicoletta's and a Heinkel, Couple of Lambretta's and one Vespa ! ... The Shed is now empty ready and waiting :lol:
Dibsy
DSKer

Post by Dibsy »

IN2VWS wrote:Welcome.

Were you selling your European scooters on ebay recently?
No i managed to sell mine by word of mouth most went to Adelaide and Melbourne !

Don't think a Jeff bought any, most went to secret squirell collectors never to be seen again !

Thanks for the welcome.
Ian 68
DSKer

Post by Ian 68 »

You have a Pm Sir
Proudly sponsored by Cunado wear.
067DUB
DSKer

Post by 067DUB »

welcome dibsy, i hope you still have a few bikes to keep you sane! , i have an Imported Splitty and my girl is learning to drive it before the Valla trip, as i i would like to remain drunk for 5 days straight... you have come to the right place to find your dream bus 8)
Shaven
DSKer

Post by Shaven »

hey dibsy...
mate welcome to DSK.
whats your name...?
good luck with the splitty... lots og great ones in Oz... you dont need a shitty LHD from the USofA :shock:
cheers matty
Only those whom drive a Dual Cab, Know what real driving is all about
Dibsy
DSKer

Post by Dibsy »

Shaven wrote:hey dibsy...
mate welcome to DSK.
whats your name...?
good luck with the splitty... lots og great ones in Oz... you dont need a shitty LHD from the USofA :shock:
cheers matty
Hi Shaven, my names Mark Dyble .... usual story ex UK - used to go to Bug Jams at Santa Pod etc, Married an Aussie girl and both my kids where born here, now the kids are of an age that i want to include them in my Hobby before they fly the nest.

Just afraid that i either end up with a Bay window, or a Splitty that needs so much welding that i would never finish it .... hence the LHD option !

Here's hoping :wink:
067DUB
DSKer

Post by 067DUB »

Dibsy wrote:
mate welcome to DSK.
whats your name...?
cheers matty
Hi Shaven, my names Mark Dyble .... usual story ex UK - used to go to Bug Jams at Santa Pod etc, Married an Aussie girl and both my kids where born here, now the kids are of an age that i want to include them in my Hobby before they fly the nest.

Just afraid that i either end up with a Bay window, or a Splitty that needs so much welding that i would never finish it .... hence the LHD option !

Don't listen to Shaven mate, he's got a pink obsession and loves cheap checker plate...
Shaven
DSKer

Post by Shaven »

067DUB wrote:
Dibsy wrote:
mate welcome to DSK.
whats your name...?
cheers matty

Don't listen to Shaven mate, he's got a pink obsession and loves cheap checker plate...
hey mark,
and chris has one of those shitty LHD from the USofA i mentioned :lol: :lol: :lol:
but his is ok... it has lots of windows :P
mate gr8 to have the family in on it as well... lots of guys here with knowledge... & splits for sale (watch it some try to sell their wives) :twisted:
Only those whom drive a Dual Cab, Know what real driving is all about