Hello!

New to VWs or just new to Split Busses? Want to know more? This page is for people thinking about, or just getting into splits - ask your questions, get some free advice, members always happy to help out.

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

850man
DSKer

Hello!

Post by 850man »

Hi Guys,
I have just been told to come here from the Kombi Club Forum, Man I love it here allready!
Heres what I posted on the other Forum...

Hello,
I am new to this forum but not new to splittys, having owned 2 previously. Both were 1958 built, one being a Kombi and the other a ex PMG Van. My Yellow Van that I sold 4 years ago you will know as its currenly on the TV being used in the Piping hot ads. - http://pipinghot.com.au/photo-gallery
The Kombi I sold a few years ago to I guy was was going to restore it. I havent seen it again.
I had a lot of fun in the Van and would love another one. I recently travelled to SA to pick up a 67 Van with my mate Chris and now hes restoring it while I give him a hand. Its given me the bug again so I would like a half decent early Van or Kombi (small window rear door & semaphores if possible) that I can put my restoration skills to work.

Any help locating a suitable project greatly appriciated, or if you have a driving van/kombi that your thinking of selling I would love to chat to you!

Cheers
David.
oh, heres some pics of my 2 old girls and one of the new pick up from SA.

I would love another Van but ill take a Kombi if I can find one. The van we just got from SA is roughly what I am after condition wise, Its complete & drivable but need brakes/tyres etc. If I can find one in simular condition ill be happy to drive anywhere to pick it up!
Thanks for reading & I hope I can get on here often.
Regards
David.
850man
DSKer

Post by 850man »

& If anyone knows of a CompAir/VW Compressor for sale, I wouldnt mind one of those either!

And I live in Bentleigh, Melbourne, about 10 minutes drive away from the old VW factory in Centre Rd Clayton.
:wink:
paul willans
DSKer

Post by paul willans »

nice info ,welcome and good luck with your new search,fun begins
clk500 AMG
64 s Notch
57 Boronia Brown bus
59 Pmg ute
62 Beryl Green bus
067DUB
DSKer

Post by 067DUB »

Glad to see you made it !!
Welcome, and great to see another Mexican!
(dakdak67)
850man
DSKer

Post by 850man »

Thanks guys. Im keen to find another splitty so you will see me here everyday!
I am a qualified mechanic/engine reconditioner and I have my Roadworthy Testers licence so if anyone needs a honest kind to VW RWC in vic let me know.
4tune8
DSKer

Post by 4tune8 »

G'day David, and welcome to dsk

We have a Bar / tavern just up the road (ontop bar) next to the railway station in Ormond

Drop in for a bevvie and a chat, ask for Peter or S-J, we have a few splitties and might be able to help out, be great to meet another like minded enthusiast anyway

Cheers
Peter
067DUB
DSKer

Post by 067DUB »

850man wrote: I am a qualified mechanic/engine reconditioner and I have my Roadworthy Testers licence
Fkn BEUWDY !!! :lol:
headstone
DSKer

Post by headstone »

850man wrote:Thanks guys. Im keen to find another splitty so you will see me here everyday!
I am a qualified mechanic/engine reconditioner and I have my Roadworthy Testers licence so if anyone needs a honest kind to VW RWC in vic let me know.
I do :)
60 panel
Penguin
DSKer

Post by Penguin »

Welcome David

There is a 1960 panel in Hobart for sale.
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/launcest ... 1006842764
850man
DSKer

Post by 850man »

Penguin - Thanks for the link, I have emailed the seller and await there response!
Headstone - Happy to help, msg me and ill give you my details
067DUB - thanks again mate, this is a great forum
4tune8 - If I get a chance ill come in friday after work for a beer!

Do any of you guys know who owns the immaculate white twin cab splitty ute that lives in North rd Ormond? I was being loaded onto a tray truck today, I hope its ok! :cry:
067DUB
DSKer

Post by 067DUB »

If you go and chat to that bloke with the pub in Ormond he can tell you.. ;)
850man
DSKer

Post by 850man »

I only work just up the road so I better go and say hello to Peter then! :D
fredchirsty
Newly Converted

Post by fredchirsty »

Hlo Friends,

I am Christy new in the DSK..Nice to meet you all...

This is good to be a part of this community... :D
850man
DSKer

Post by 850man »

Hi Christy & Welcome to DSK. I am also a newbe but I love it here, great friendly people and lots of knowlage.

Mods, can you move Christys post to where it will get noticed properly please! :wink:
850man
DSKer

Post by 850man »

Still looking! I have had a look at a couple but they are so rusty & over priced. I am prepared to do some work but I have 15 other projects so I need to find a good one.
The hunt continues!