just saying hello

New to VWs or just new to Split Busses? Want to know more? This page is for people thinking about, or just getting into splits - ask your questions, get some free advice, members always happy to help out.

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

milney
DSKer

just saying hello

Post by milney »

hi all, just saying hello im new to the forum here. my names mitch and from camden, ive been into kombis for years now, and just like all you, especially splitties. anyway im still searching for my first splitty and am starting to get a bit desperate now, ive had a fair few lately come up for sale and ive missed out on them! im looking for something under 20k, so will obviously require a bit of work. if anyone knows of any feel free to give us a yell, cheers. by the way this is a great forum and i am looking forward to learning much from it, thanks
D-Train
DSKer

Re: just saying hello

Post by D-Train »

welcome an good luck, klaus said his sc split is 25 with blue slip.. good price..
63 left hooker
DSKer

Post by 63 left hooker »

and he's just over at "the gong", worth checking for sure :D
61 dc
67 beetle
ozjeff
DSKer

Post by ozjeff »

He also has a 15 window that you would get plenty of change from 20k plus a bit of work to get on the road :P a great project that would be worth good $ when done
Its a well known fact an OG SC will always be worth more than a DC with a checker plate tray, towel rails and PINK plates
milney
DSKer

Post by milney »

cheers fellas for the help so far! ill have to look into the 15 window, i would prefer a van as ill be living out of it for a while, im heading up to byron then airlie to work. im just curious is there a 'classifieds' or 'for sale' section on the forum? i cant seem to find the section where the sc is for sale, thanks
ozjeff
DSKer

Post by ozjeff »

You need a few posts before you can see the for sale section, the SC isn't for sale yet unless you have the cash :P the 15 window is a fairly big project and if you can't do it yourself I would give it a miss unless you have a fair bit of coin
Its a well known fact an OG SC will always be worth more than a DC with a checker plate tray, towel rails and PINK plates
milney
DSKer

Post by milney »

cheers jeff, ill have to keep my eye out for it