Hello from the USA!

New to VWs or just new to Split Busses? Want to know more? This page is for people thinking about, or just getting into splits - ask your questions, get some free advice, members always happy to help out.

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

WideFive
DSKer

Hello from the USA!

Post by WideFive »

Hey guys,

I'm Aaron from over on the other side of the world in the United States.

I lower Split Buses for a living. Widefive.net just a little one man shop, but still get it done :wink:

Figured I'd see what you guys are up to. Hope to be able to help with technical stuff when needed. Our VW community has given me a lot and I try to give back when I can.

Right now my main work horse is a '62 Double Door Panel. Drive the balls off it during the Summer, which is never long enough. I need to do the metal work and paint one of these Winters, but that never seems to happen. Want to eventually logo it for the business.

I still have my first car... '65 Karmann Ghia purchased back in '89. Was kind of a Father/Son project.
Haven't driven it in years, since getting into Buses. Drag raced it for a little while.

Picked up a '60 Mango last year. Finally got metal work and paint blending done. Getting it assembled now, but it's a slow process. Spend all my time working on customer stuff instead of my own projects. Still stock height, but going down :wink:

Got a '64 Standard and a '60 Panel, but they are rusty junk. Not sure what I'm going to do with them, yet.

Thanks for letting me be a part of your forum!
Aaron B.
widefive.net
chappy
DSKer

Re: Hello from the USA!

Post by chappy »

welcome. You may get more than a few parts questions. The Bus scene in the US of A is a bit bigger than it is here in Aus
Leroy
DSKer

Post by Leroy »

Welcome to DSK Aaron! Cool to have a US member 8)
2018 Year of the Barndoor
067DUB
DSKer

Post by 067DUB »

Hi Aaron , nice collection of buses man. We love lefty buses here....... well I do anyway. I'm going over to the Classic week in Cali next month, how about you?
Cheers , Chris
Last edited by 067DUB on Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GottaSplit
DSKer

Post by GottaSplit »

Welcome Aaron....
Great work.... cool bus.... hows the steering box? :shock:
Ian 68
DSKer

Post by Ian 68 »

Hey Aaron,

Good to have you here mate.

I've emailed a few times and you have always been generous with your time and knowledge.

Welcome.

Best

Ian
Proudly sponsored by Cunado wear.
splitbus
DSKer

Post by splitbus »

Welcome aboard mate, nice rides
Mike |o\*/o| 55 11 Window

I don't have a bucket list I have a fu#kit list a mile long
D-Train
DSKer

Post by D-Train »

welcome mate! now when Matty carrys on like a retard about a cut up dc roof on the hwe rack on the slammed dd panel ignore him, or just say its been converted into a sc!!
Squidy
DSKer

Post by Squidy »

Some sweet rides there mate, welcome
WideFive
DSKer

Post by WideFive »

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Nice to make some new friends and see some fresh Buses!

067DUB wrote:I'm going over to the Classic week in Cali next month, how about you?
I do the OCTO/Classic weekend every 2-3yrs. It's on the other side of the country from me. Flew out there last year. Plan on driving my Panel out in 2015. Hard for me to get away from work/family, so planning that trip well in advance :lol:

Don't know if you've been there before, but if there's anything I can help with, just let me know.
GottaSplit wrote:hows the steering box? :shock:
Box is awesome :D Not raised or anything. I'm very anti-hack. Put near 20,000 miles on it in the last 2yrs and only smacked my box once in this little historic district that still had stone streets that were a mess... Just have to watch were you're going, constantly :wink:
Aaron B.
widefive.net
GottaSplit
DSKer

Post by GottaSplit »

WideFive wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Nice to make some new friends and see some fresh Buses!

067DUB wrote:I'm going over to the Classic week in Cali next month, how about you?
I do the OCTO/Classic weekend every 2-3yrs. It's on the other side of the country from me. Flew out there last year. Plan on driving my Panel out in 2015. Hard for me to get away from work/family, so planning that trip well in advance :lol:

Don't know if you've been there before, but if there's anything I can help with, just let me know.
GottaSplit wrote:hows the steering box? :shock:
Box is awesome :D Not raised or anything. I'm very anti-hack. Put near 20,000 miles on it in the last 2yrs and only smacked my box once in this little historic district that still had stone streets that were a mess... Just have to watch were you're going, constantly :wink:
Emphasis on "constantly"  

Checked out your website and realised youre in Ohio.... I get up to Cincinnati now and again for work. Next time I will let you know and make the trek north. Last time I was up that way we went left through Indianapolis and Chicago, next time will go right! 

067DUB... take plenty of pics when youre at that show!
Leroy
DSKer

Post by Leroy »

067DUB wrote: I'm going over to the Classic week in Cali next month, how about you?
Cheers , Chris
See you there :wink:
2018 Year of the Barndoor
WideFive
DSKer

Post by WideFive »

GottaSplit wrote:...realised youre in Ohio.... I get up to Cincinnati now and again for work. Next time I will let you know and make the trek north.
That would be awesome, man! Looking forward to it!
Aaron B.
widefive.net
NorCalRiviera
DSKer

Post by NorCalRiviera »

Hey Aaron! Good to see you, man!
1967 Riviera Camper - Four time Shasta Snow Trip bus.
WTB: Matched pairs of number plates from all AUS states.

Dig free music? Check out my monthly Mudride Radio music mix!
WideFive
DSKer

Post by WideFive »

You too, Taylor!
Aaron B.
widefive.net