Hi, New member from Sydney

New to VWs or just new to Split Busses? Want to know more? This page is for people thinking about, or just getting into splits - ask your questions, get some free advice, members always happy to help out.

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

Razor
Newly Converted

Hi, New member from Sydney

Post by Razor »

Hello Everybody, The name is Finn, seems that on here i'll be going by the name RAZOR.

Been into VWs for a long time, owned plenty of beetles over the years, and a couple of RAZOR's ( hence the name), but its time to finally add a bus to the family.

I am looking for a splitty panel van, as i work for a courier company and speaking with the boss of the company he is OK if i make one look shiny ( goes against my nature) and i can logo it with the company decals and roll it as my semi daily driver and rolling advert for the company. He might even kick in some bucks.

plans if i find one are, weld it up. make it solid. paint it white, lower the hell out of it, slap on some rims, and build a vintage speed super charged 40hp motor. I am building a super charged 36hp for my 58 beetle at the moment so i have a walk up start on what to do motor wise.

Other than that, not sure what else to say in my first post, i'll be checking the buy section a lot and looking to met up with some of you here in Sydney, as i have just moved the family over from Adelaide about 3 weeks ago.

I started a non club associated monthly event back in Adelaide called "Park Platz" ( German for "car park"), We would meet the first Saturday night of every month in a car park in the center of Adelaide and talk VW's, got a lot of buses along, it was really sweet. met lots of people, made lots a friends, got the chance to connect VW people with each other, who now help each other out and roll together ... so hoping to do the same thing here in Sydney when i find a good central location that could work for all. Anyway that's me, hope to meet some of you in the future and look forward to contributing to the DSK forums.

Cheers,
Finn aka RAZOR
MID WEST DUBBER
DSKer

Re: Hi, New member from Sydney

Post by MID WEST DUBBER »

Welcome Razor!
Tonz Magonz
Mod

Post by Tonz Magonz »

Welcome Finn.. :wink:
Wanted..Barny bits or 60's Supercharger other than Judson
63 left hooker
DSKer

Post by 63 left hooker »

Welcome Razor

I spent 7 years in Adelaide prior to my vw affliction so don't recal much of a vw scene.

Didn't you do Park Platz in Whitmore Square? Good luck with your search.

Warwick
61 dc
67 beetle
Razor
Newly Converted

Post by Razor »

Thanks guys, and yes 63 left hooker, that was the place.
morts
DSKer

Post by morts »

G'day Finn

Good to see you made it over safe and sound. Saw your beetle safe and sound in storage on the weekend.

Cheers

Morts
No matter what happens they can't take you out in the street and shoot you......
Razor
Newly Converted

Post by Razor »

Hi Morts,

yeah, nearly settled in, just getting withdraw symptoms from having to leave the VW's behind in SA, well only until i get space sorted over here.

Hows the bus running? If you come across a panel van in your travels I am on the hunt for one, i know you have a talent for finding good buses : )

Cheers,
Finn
paul willans
DSKer

Post by paul willans »

pm sent finn
clk500 AMG
64 s Notch
57 Boronia Brown bus
59 Pmg ute
62 Beryl Green bus