New member from Moranbah 67 Kombi

New to VWs or just new to Split Busses? Want to know more? This page is for people thinking about, or just getting into splits - ask your questions, get some free advice, members always happy to help out.

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

snowsplit67
Newly Converted

New member from Moranbah 67 Kombi

Post by snowsplit67 »

Hi all, my name is Brett and I now live in Moranbah Qld after moving up from the Snowy Mountains of NSW. In the 2nd half of last year I purchased a 67 Kombi from a cool guy at Innisfail that almost had a VW museum and I've just started working on restoring it. The Kombi is in really bad shape rust wise and will take large amounts of time, patience and money to get back on the road. Once I read up on how to attach photos I'll show you just how bad it is. So far I've cut out all the cargo floor crossmembers, heater tube, jacking points and side sill stuff. All of the outriggers and middle sections were FULL of dirt so I'm guessing she's sat in a paddock for sometime. It had a camper conversion done to it at some stage so it's probably had a rough life. I've turfed the old fiberglass pop top as it was crumbling apart so I'll have to decide down the track whether to close it back in or go for a rag top.
Anyway just figuring out where to order the new cargo floor chassis from.
Dibsy
DSKer

Re: New member from Moranbah 67 Kombi

Post by Dibsy »

Hi Mate, Welcome to the club,

Al at Das Resto Haus sells all the bits you need, I just bought a cab floor from him ...

http://dasrestoparts.com.au/

roy at the bus stop sells Autocraft panels but I an not sure if he has complete floors.

Good luck with your project !

8)
bulliboy
DSKer

Post by bulliboy »

Hi Bret welcome aboard,
Where about in the snowy s were you

Just a tip if your van has a hole in the roof it might be an idea to brace the whole thing up a bit and repair the chassis before you start cutting the floor out etc.
I am assuming it doesn't have belly pans?
Mitchell
snowsplit67
Newly Converted

Post by snowsplit67 »

Moved up from Cooma. I almost had a Splitty when I was down there but it just slipped through my fingers, it was really frustrating knowing one was sitting in the middle of a paddock out the back of Bredbo but I couldn't get it. When I bought my Bus the corrugated floor had already been cut out. I've cut out almost all the chassis crossmembers. I've been looking at it and figuring out where to brace it before I make those last little cuts.