My first is in Perth! Can anyone help?

New to VWs or just new to Split Busses? Want to know more? This page is for people thinking about, or just getting into splits - ask your questions, get some free advice, members always happy to help out.

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

daveo
DSKer

Post by daveo »

Nicely put Dude!
greenbus
DSKer

Post by greenbus »

Yes, I have met Jessica and spoken to her a couple of times. She pulled me up at the shops once to chat about the bus.
I actually suggested she have a look here and talk to you "freaks" ( I guess I also fall into that catorgory :lol: ).
Totally agree with what has been said - you can't be too careful. The unfortunate thing though is that there doesn't seem to be alot for sale in this middle price range, they are either full resto cheapies or full restored showies. So you are looking at $2k or $30k and not much in between or so it seems. This is what has caught Jessica's eye obviously.
If she is aware of the possible pitfalls but still thinks the bus will suit her needs, then goodluck to her. I definatly recommend a local having a sticky beak though and getting an opinion.
We'll see what she decides to do I guess....

Looking forward to another bus in Canberra though 8) ....
lobus
DSKer

Post by lobus »

Jessica, my Perth mate said he would be able to check it out for you next week. I will PM you his phone number and you can ring him with all the details. He won't be back from his camping trip till after monday so rin him then.
digyalater

Post by digyalater »

jessica,g'day from WA!!
i have looked at this van,and as stated above,it will take alot of work,replacing the bulk head,thier is two section's cut in the cargo floor. one to accomidate the holden power brake booster,the other is where someone got it wrong the first time,for the possistion of that power brake booster. the outside stance look's good,don't it. tyre's are shot,they have cut two holes in the rear bumper,just so a beetle muffler can be used,yuck!!
their bottom buck is 11k,i offered 6k for it and they had a vomit! 6k in my book's is top dollar!!
crewcabconnection
Mod

Post by crewcabconnection »

there ya go, nothing split gets past DSK.
Cognitive Dissonance - The only way to grind.
Jessica
DSKer

Post by Jessica »

Thanks heaps all, I have been hearing from my Dad not to jump in and the outside advice has really helped, thanks, I will definately take my time on this now! :lol:
Jessica
Jessica
DSKer

Here's to DSK!

Post by Jessica »

Can I just say, I have NO IDEA about half the stuff you guys are on about, but for the sake of becoming a split purist, I will study diligently and learn! And Elton was a champ the day I pulled him up at the shops, hands down the most embarrasing thing I have ever done, but his kombi is seriously sweet. I want one and I think I've found the place to come hey? 8)
Jessica
greenbus
DSKer

Post by greenbus »

A good bus is definatly worth the wait :wink: ....
muzza72
DSKer

Post by muzza72 »

be patient you will find a good bus and dont be afraid to ask advise you will find people on this site love to give advice [ ha ha ]

cheers murray
MrScooter
DSKer

Post by MrScooter »

i'll say, i'm still waiting and its only been 9 months. hey elton! that one i saw today, yeah no good and too much! still lookin. mick