just sayin' howdy

New to VWs or just new to Split Busses? Want to know more? This page is for people thinking about, or just getting into splits - ask your questions, get some free advice, members always happy to help out.

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

caitlinnoonan
Newly Converted

just sayin' howdy

Post by caitlinnoonan »

howdy there,

ive been a member for a while and am always reading so thought i should say howdy. i have been a splitty fan for ages but dont really know much mechanically (cos im a chick) or really much at all (again, cos im a chick!!), but i do know that i recon splits are the ultimate and i definatly want one!!

im not an owner yet but i am lookin and hoping, good old uni student budget isn't helpin much and im still learnin, so i guess ill see what happens.

i dont really have any specific questions or anything cos im just learnin as i read really, but my mission in life at the moment is definaltly to be a splitty owner!! ha, i better start saving!!!!! so any advice or what ever would be sick or just look forward to learnin from you all.

cheers,

noons. :D
frenzix
DSKer

Post by frenzix »

hey noons! think positive and it will happen.. keep an eye out and like you said save, something will pop up.

welcome to dsk too,

Tim
Rawdyn
DSKer

Hidey Ho

Post by Rawdyn »

Hey Noons,

Like you I have been a long time member but restricted myself to reading until I bought my first bus (just the other day as it happens).

Budget is a real issue in Australia. I ended up having to look overseas for my bus but then that's expensive too. But stick with it. I was looking for 3 years before I found my bus (actually a lot of that time was saving up for it really).

Godd luck and hope you can make it over here for DOVW.

Rawdyn
crewcabconnection
Mod

Post by crewcabconnection »

anyone think we bite - one of the major goals the forum has is to encourage new people to get interested in Splitters - you don't have to own one to take part or join in. The Konnection part is just that, the appreciation of the split konnects people.

DSK members seem to be at all the VW events these days all over the brown land, so please don't be shy, come and say hello ... its all about the people as much as buses.

Nice to read from new people ... now it's just the other 700 to go.
Cognitive Dissonance - The only way to grind.
lobus
DSKer

Post by lobus »

That's right, this mob are even nice to you when you don't own a split. So don't be afraid to join in. Try and get along to some of the VW events, like CCC said there is a DSK presence at them all now, say hello and you will not regret it.
I'm not too sure about your logic of not knowing much because of your chickness, everyone started with exactly no knowledge about these things.( And some like me have not got much further).
David
muzza72
DSKer

Post by muzza72 »

nice to hear from you noons the hunt for a splitty,chaseing down leads and checking out possablitys can be a great deal of enjoyment i n itself and there are some gurus on this site that can answer most questions so dont be shy

cheers murray
Kombi Trip
DSKer

Post by Kombi Trip »

Hi Noons,

maybe you can get down to Adelaide for the show at the Bay in a few weeks. You may even find a splitty in a paddock or in a barn up your way and wow us all! Keep an ear to the ground.
Good luck.
Nick
Imagine what you would do if you knew you couldn't fail.
caitlinnoonan
Newly Converted

cheers

Post by caitlinnoonan »

thanks for the kind words of encouragement guys.

hopefully see some of you at the adelaide show??

noons
pmgbus
DSKer

howdy

Post by pmgbus »

hi noons, the only way to get a splitty is to chase all those leads! u should catch up with james and i, and come over for the melbourne weekend. i know whats it like being a uni bum, - i mean "professional" have just finished, good luck, good hunting!
jamesminhard
DSKer

HEy Welcome Noonan

Post by jamesminhard »

Hey noonan, found a splitty yet, a chic that digs splits, its too good!! r u single, nah just stirring, hey PMG she maybe coming to melb cos she is my girlfriend! Sorry guys. Noons i suggest if you wanna dig up a splitty, you have to do a number of things, 1. Take beer, 2. Take a trailer 3. Although not essential the ones with lots of windows are a better find and wortha bucket load ( plus i dont have one yet). 4 the journey is part of the experience, i have done a 500km round trip and dragged home nothing. but still loved it. Good luck
Spider
jamesminhard
DSKer

Another Thing

Post by jamesminhard »

Oh by the way you gotta get a licence too, but till ya get it back i dont mind driving ya
Spider