scotland calling

New to VWs or just new to Split Busses? Want to know more? This page is for people thinking about, or just getting into splits - ask your questions, get some free advice, members always happy to help out.

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

jigs
DSKer

scotland calling

Post by jigs »

hi guys just thought id say hello been visiting the forum regularly for a few months taken in all the wisdom!! been looking to get a split for a year or so now since selling my bay which i had owned for 10 years, still pulls on the heart strings.. :cry: but looking for a project bus, good ones are becoming harder to find here now, especially right hand drive. we are getting flooded by lefty's just now, with people taken advantages of the rise in market prices. :evil:
so my search is now taken me international. if anyone has anything or knows of somewhere that could help me out id be greatful of the info. :D

great site by the way keep up the good work.

jigs
scotland
Found one !!!!! well half of one at least.....
Rawdyn
DSKer

Post by Rawdyn »

Hi Jigs,

Great to hear from you, glad you are enjoing the forums. Personally I can't keep away myself.

RHD is hard to find anywhere these days. I never realised being into splittys would require so much patience... all worth it of course.

Now, not that I want to promote these guys ('stealing' buses from our shores) but in the interests of sharing...
http://www.gdaykombis.co.uk/point_6.html

I have never used them nor do I know anyone that has but its somewhere to look.

If you did find a bus you liked here they might help move it for you too.

But seriously Dude, your market should be UK... more choice and better price. (their rarity here drives up their price)

Be sure and let us know what you find in the end.

Happy travels

Rawdyn
jigs
DSKer

Post by jigs »

rawdyn

funny you mention those guys my mate has just bought a bay from them its a real beauty. i have emailed them asking if they have or know of splits. waiting to hear back.
looking at
Found one !!!!! well half of one at least.....
Rawdyn
DSKer

Post by Rawdyn »

Very true the chase is half the fun.

I emailed them aaagggeess ago but never heard back from them. I figured they were not that interested in finding me a bus locally.

My chase lasted just under 3 years. I eventualy had to go to the U.S. to find my bus (it's still there actually) but then I wanted a 15 window and there are not too many of those here (or anywhere).

Have fun on the hunt

Rawdy

P.S. Make sure you sign up to TheSamba classified alerts. A LHD to RHD is not that big a deal.
crewcabconnection
Mod

Post by crewcabconnection »

Send a PM to SPLITSRUS....
Cognitive Dissonance - The only way to grind.