Kiwis can fly!...

New to VWs or just new to Split Busses? Want to know more? This page is for people thinking about, or just getting into splits - ask your questions, get some free advice, members always happy to help out.

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

splitbusboy
Newly Converted

Kiwis can fly!...

Post by splitbusboy »

Hi all, yup, another kiwi got thru to sunny Queensland! Been here a few months now, my lovely wife and I have a dumped oldschool accessorised 56 oval beetle with a little more power than volksburg ever intended, up our driveway in NZ still, it will be coming over early in the new year. Still undecided as to if our 66 split panel will undergo rest/rustoration and come over as well or to leave it behind and start again here....
Ideally I would like to import a done bus from the states but that looks hard with the laws here? So I'm on the look out for a decent restored split bus here in aus to buy. I look forward to kruizen in the sun in dubs with other dub nuts and catchin up at shows for good times in the near future, will post up some pics of my rides when I get myself sorted,
Cheers!
Trev
how low can a dub go...
Rawdyn
DSKer

Post by Rawdyn »

My first recommendation is to simply bring your existing bus over. Failing that it is easier to buy a local bus but don't be completely put off importing one - lets face it there is nbot a lot to choose from over here (that are available for sale). Just do it through a company you trust. If its the right bus its wort it.