new fella

New to VWs or just new to Split Busses? Want to know more? This page is for people thinking about, or just getting into splits - ask your questions, get some free advice, members always happy to help out.

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

Fingaz
Newly Converted

new fella

Post by Fingaz »

Howdy folks

Iv'e been lurking around on here for a while and i thought it about time to join, exellent site guys! I grew up with a VW nut for a dad with his double
door ex-south african postal van, a Bug or three, type 3 station wagon, barndoor camper, pipe frame buggies ect and iv''e only ever seen myself driving a
splitty hehe, finally got exactly what i was after, its a semaphore SC ute late 1960 build. Its in a Bad state at the moment but hopfully this time next year it should be a go-er :D
looking forward to picking your brains during this resto as iv'e never done anything like this before :shock:

morts
DSKer

Post by morts »

g'day fingaz, and welcome out from the shadows!

Good to see another sc going under the knife - nothing a little botox won't fix :wink:
No matter what happens they can't take you out in the street and shoot you......
Kombi Trip
DSKer

Post by Kombi Trip »

Welcome mate. Is that ute from SA and used to have a snail painted on and with some funky tail lights? If so lots of work needed. Good luck and happy driving ... hopefully shortly!
Nick
Imagine what you would do if you knew you couldn't fail.
frenzix
DSKer

Post by frenzix »

good one, jump in the deep end i say.. welcome