mission imposable

New to VWs or just new to Split Busses? Want to know more? This page is for people thinking about, or just getting into splits - ask your questions, get some free advice, members always happy to help out.

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

Love Monkey
Newly Converted

mission imposable

Post by Love Monkey »

G'day I have missed that sound I am in the US at the moment I have been here for about 3months with my wife we are on a world trip,
our adventure started in Calafofnia where we picked up the KCW parts getter which is a slamed DD 1958 panel with a 2276cc motor running 44mm twin webbers and a high geared trans. :twisted:
we drove from CA to Colorado to meet up with John and the boys from KCW then we rolled to the Vagas show the trip was the best part chasing Johns 23window barndoor at 85 to 90 MPH was fun we left Vagas after the show and headed to the big bug show in Florida.
Now we are heading over to Europe after Egypt and I am on the hunt for a 53-54 23 window barndoor wish me luck :mrgreen:
The Love Monkey sighning off
Kombi Trip
DSKer

Post by Kombi Trip »

Cal - colorado - vegas - florida - WHAT A GREAT ROAD TRIP!
Imagine what you would do if you knew you couldn't fail.
Hooman
DSKer

Post by Hooman »

What ever happened to that awesome double door??? I watched it for ever on The Samba and was soooooo close to offering money for it. School fees slightly more important however.

Hooman
kombi1976
DSKer

Post by kombi1976 »

It'd be tops to see some pics of your trip, LM.
Cheers & God Bless

'62 Beetle
'62 Panel project
'67 Panel
mascalzone
DSKer

Post by mascalzone »

Hooman...I'm with you. I watched the KCW parts getter and often drooled over it. I was surprised it didn't sell sooner. An awesome looking vehicle, very much to my tastes.