G'Day from Central Coast, NSW

New to VWs or just new to Split Busses? Want to know more? This page is for people thinking about, or just getting into splits - ask your questions, get some free advice, members always happy to help out.

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

AvocaSplit
Newly Converted

G'Day from Central Coast, NSW

Post by AvocaSplit »

Hello DSK'ers,
I have been looking at your web site for a while now and finally I have joined in. I have a 61 splitty, 76 camper and a 74 beetle. The splitty has lost a few of its bits and pieces but slowly I have been collecting. Its almost complete again but I have yet to start the resto. The 76 will come first so we can visit our most favourite place, Byron Bay more often. In fact we will be up there again later this week. Would be great to catch up and g'day to any DSK'ers up there.
Went to the Nationals again this year but was a little disappointed with the number of cars on show, the crowds were there. Perhaps as the setout was a little different it just looked a little empty compared to previous years.

regards,
Paul :D
byronbus
Admin

Post by byronbus »

Send me a PM, might be able to catch up with a few of the boys...

and welcome, get some pics up of the split
AvocaSplit
Newly Converted

Post by AvocaSplit »

Sent you a pm. Not sure if it was sent ok

Paul
oddbus
DSKer

Post by oddbus »

I have a mate who lives in Avoca and is always talking about your bus. I was up there a couple of months ago and I think I drove passed you. My bus is red and white.

Anyways, welcome.

cheers

ben
AvocaSplit
Newly Converted

Post by AvocaSplit »

Hi Ben,

I do recall seeing a red and white bus down at the surf club car park. Hope that was you. Your bus looks great. I would have come over to say g'day but you did not hang around very long. I'll keep my eye out for you next time. Thanks for the welcome. :)

regards,
Paul [/img]