new to this site

New to VWs or just new to Split Busses? Want to know more? This page is for people thinking about, or just getting into splits - ask your questions, get some free advice, members always happy to help out.

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

stcos85
DSKer

Post by stcos85 »

Been a while since I last posted what with settling in. The van is now at the shippers and its had a few bits done to it. Should be sailing over in a few weeks, hopefully landing early new year.

Its had the small amount of rust repaired in various places, lowered at the front but have had it raised to its highest for shipping, straight axle conversion, all brakes overhauled and dual cct master cylinder fitted.

Front has been repaired which was the worst part and its been touched up with closely matched paint until I get it over.
All the family want it resprayed but I would like to get the dents and scrapes repaired and matched to the OG paint. what do you think I should do and is there anyone in Melbourne that could match the paint to the OG colour?

It will need a new headliner but I have been pointed in the direction of the man that can do that for me.
Will be making the interior myself like I did with my 13 window.

stcos85
DSKer

Post by stcos85 »

Its finally here and ready to collect. Will be picking it up on Monday from Mordialloc and then driving up Springvale road to Doncaster.

Hope it makes it back.

Didn't realise I can drive it on a permit, does this also cover me for 3rd party insurance?

Hope to have it on the road for the VW jamboree
kombi1976
DSKer

Post by kombi1976 »

Looking forward to getting a gander, stcos. :wink:
Cheers & God Bless

'62 Beetle
'62 Panel project
'67 Panel