new to this site

New to VWs or just new to Split Busses? Want to know more? This page is for people thinking about, or just getting into splits - ask your questions, get some free advice, members always happy to help out.

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

paul willans
DSKer

Post by paul willans »

i had a 71 nearly same 2.2 same colour etc i couldnt give it away,that was in 98 i sold it for $18,000 dont know if that helps (it was 98) things may have changed cheers paul
clk500 AMG
64 s Notch
57 Boronia Brown bus
59 Pmg ute
62 Beryl Green bus
beerboy
DSKer

Post by beerboy »

Not my picture but do think it sums it up nicely :D

I am not a boy and I don't like beer..................
kombi1976
DSKer

Post by kombi1976 »

G'day, stcos85.
Welcome to DSK and please come to Oz with your buses.
LHD....RHD....we aren't fussy. :D
Cheers & God Bless

'62 Beetle
'62 Panel project
'67 Panel
stcos85
DSKer

Post by stcos85 »

Its been a long time coming but finally got my job offer and looks like I will be living in Melbourne. Should be there August/September.

The single cab is now sold and living in Holland but I still intend to bring the 13 window over.

Since then I have bought the Porsche 911T but am in 2 minds whether that would be worth bringing over
kombi1976
DSKer

Post by kombi1976 »

Sweet!!
Send your splitty now and you can have it roadworthy in time for Old Bar in October. :D
Cheers & God Bless

'62 Beetle
'62 Panel project
'67 Panel
drummerguy
DSKer

Post by drummerguy »

Welcome on board mate! Loving the veedubs!

Keep it up!
Aussie Kombi Forums
http://aussiekombi.webs.com/
stcos85
DSKer

Post by stcos85 »

my visa is sorted and aiming to be over some time in August hopefully with the splitty following shortly after.

been spending the last month sorting out the 911, repainted it in my dusty garage, never painted a car before but seems to have come out ok. still in two minds whether to bring this as well. Again its a LHD which is not so good
morts
DSKer

Post by morts »

looks like your not doing too bad for someone who hadn't built a motor or painted a car before :wink:

Hope Oz works out well for you.

Morts
No matter what happens they can't take you out in the street and shoot you......
stcos85
DSKer

Post by stcos85 »

finally got to Oz. going to be living in Doncaster East in Melbourne.

Are there many splitty owners in the area.

Things changed a bit since starting the process of moving over, sold the 13 window, the ute and the porsche and now have this in the UK.

Its an OG paint 15 window, currently completely standard apart from the 1641 engine. imported to the UK from Canada. It has had a bit of paint at the back as the paint had come off and it was just bare metal.

Before it gets shipped over it will be having the front repaired, a straight axle conversion and a bit of lowering at the front to get it level
kombi1976
DSKer

Post by kombi1976 »

Very nice, stcos.
There's a real simplicity about 15-windows
They're less flashy than a 21 or 23 window and the full glass with the complete roof looks slicker IMO.
I'll be looking forward to seeing this here in Oz, maybe at next years Jamboree?
Cheers & God Bless

'62 Beetle
'62 Panel project
'67 Panel
FrankenCab
DSKer

Post by FrankenCab »

cool busses you have had and have , just make sure you load the 15 window with steering rack conversions from CE and safari's :wink:
Oh and welcome to convict land .
stcos85
DSKer

Post by stcos85 »

whats the deal with bringing over parts in relation to customs as I have no problem putting parts inside if anyone wants anything. It will be going in a 20 foot container
FrankenCab
DSKer

Post by FrankenCab »

i dont know , but post it up in "anything goes" forum and a few of the guys might know what the deal is. As a group buy for the racks has always been talked about
stcos85
DSKer

Post by stcos85 »

Got my import permit this week so just waiting for the work to be finished in the UK and then I will get it over.
Need to find a sympathetic garage that will do the RWC. It is totally solid underneath and is having a full brake overhaul so should be ok, just looks a bit tatty.
Does anyone know a garage in or around Melbourne that can do the RWC. I am in the Doncaster area.
matara
Admin

Customs

Post by matara »

Welcome to Oz! Made the journey myself from blighty 11 years ago.

You need to prove you've owned any parts ot items you've packed in the bus for more than 12 months otherwise customs will slug you for duty as it won't be classed as exempt personal effects.

Cheers

Steve