Freshman

New to VWs or just new to Split Busses? Want to know more? This page is for people thinking about, or just getting into splits - ask your questions, get some free advice, members always happy to help out.

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

kombinationdetailing
DSKer
Location: Under something German and stinky... no, it's not your mother

Post by kombinationdetailing »

Nice bus Zeus, lovely straight metal, what engine will be implanted? And how far north are you settling on the coast? welcome to the fold....coming from Mr. no Bus. enjoy
Lots of VW's in a big Fuch off Shed
"...if only my VW's ran on Tabasco!..." :)
zeuspig
DSKer

Post by zeuspig »

Thanks, I think I have sourced a 1600 so will put some twin carbs etc on it and that will do for now. I will post more photos in the project section when I get some more done. Plan on spending a few hours out the back tomorrow, really wanna get the paint on before I leave here. Prep is just taking so long.

As for where I will settle I'm not 100% sure definately the sunny coast, went there for new years and spent some time at moolooaba, maroochydore and noosa. (think I spelt them right).

I'm originally from Mackay but not keen on heading back there. Any suggestions on some good spots? I'm keen on a bit of surfing, drinking and there always seems to be some good eye candy on the coast. That's a bonus!!
splitdawhiska
DSKer

Post by splitdawhiska »

ah ha you got on

was great to see your bus the other day
looks awesome ,got to b happy with that

paul
zeuspig
DSKer

Post by zeuspig »

Hey, thanks for the info about the site your right it is great. I will be happier when the body work is done!!
zeuspig
DSKer

Post by zeuspig »

Here ia a photo of my 76 camper I sold a couple of months ago, great surf bus. Unfortunately sold it so it would add to the funding of the split. A UK couple bought it and are touring Australia as I type. They have kept in touch ad have been sending me photos along the way which is sweet.

morts
DSKer

Post by morts »

Hi there Zeus - good luck with the resto.

Did you pick up this bus late last year from Kingswood/Torrens Park way?
No matter what happens they can't take you out in the street and shoot you......
zeuspig
DSKer

Post by zeuspig »

G'day, Yeah I did, did you go and check it out? I bought it late January this year.
morts
DSKer

Post by morts »

Yes I did. I had only recently got my single cab so wasn't in a position to do anything about it, but it seemed a good base to work from and most of the parts were there.

Seems like you've got stuck right into it - be good to see it before you head north...
No matter what happens they can't take you out in the street and shoot you......
zeuspig
DSKer

Post by zeuspig »

It's coming along good, want to get it on the road as soon as I can as I don't have a car at the moment just my bike. PM me anytime if you want to drop over and have a look. Will be leaving early May, I live at Flinders Park. Have sometime off next week so will be doing as much as I can.