Dont eat me...Im only new at this old stuff!!!

New to VWs or just new to Split Busses? Want to know more? This page is for people thinking about, or just getting into splits - ask your questions, get some free advice, members always happy to help out.

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

Y2K
DSKer

Dont eat me...Im only new at this old stuff!!!

Post by Y2K »

Hey all, its taken a while but ive finally signed up. Some of you may know me from AVD a while ago or random dub shows around QLD/NSW. I use to own a black New Beetle Turbo with big bling wheels. She was my pride and joy, named her Miriam...girl on the outside but she had balls :shock:

Well she had to go, not getting driven anymore, costing too much in insurance blah blah blah so what to do next. The aim was to finish paying off the family wagon....passat of course, but when an oval falls into our hands at a stupidly cheap price...hmmm.

So we're doing a resto on an oval, handy when ya hubby is a panel beater. So then it brings my dad back down memory lane with his 'pool cleaner' moustache and his two kombis. So long story short, he bought Kombine's (Scott) ute form Brissy and my hubby now has two restos to do. :roll: :wink:

So i hope im accepted in the VW world now. :?: Cause owning the 'new stuff' I was definately not.

Cheers
Maya
StenchOfGoat
DSKer

Post by StenchOfGoat »

We're a fairly accepting bunch generally.... Welcome, look forward to seeing the ute progress. And the oval. What years?
SLAM IT LIKE A CARDIGAN CORGI!!!!!
byronbus
Admin

Post by byronbus »

hey maya,

welcome...

so the oval was cheap... and a sc, nice work...

Get some pics up, even of the family wagon, i often dribble over it sitting in bloody traffic trying to get into town...
Y2K
DSKer

Post by Y2K »

Hey thanks

Ill try to do the pic thingy, not sure exactly how to.
Attachments
My old New Bug
My old New Bug
bugforsale 002.jpg (83.51 KiB) Viewed 3184 times