New 1958 owner

New to VWs or just new to Split Busses? Want to know more? This page is for people thinking about, or just getting into splits - ask your questions, get some free advice, members always happy to help out.

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

engext
DSKer

New 1958 owner

Post by engext »

G’day All,

I was put onto the list buy Steve Muller. I have just acquired a 1958 split screen micro bus. I would appreciate any assistance or guidance on where to start. I have just completed a homebuilt aircraft so the split is my next project. I’m in Hastings Vic and would like to hear from anyone local.

Cheers

Daz
Attachments
Frizty.jpg
Frizty.jpg (115.04 KiB) Viewed 3726 times
Shaven
DSKer

Post by Shaven »

hi daz,
mate welcome. congrats on the 58.
whats the plans for her?
cheers matty
Only those whom drive a Dual Cab, Know what real driving is all about
engext
DSKer

New 58 Split

Post by engext »

Gday Matt,

Plan on a total rebuild. Wanna have a sunday driver. There are a couple i have seen that are sweet and intend to do what i need to do to make it rock.

Cheers

Daz
zombikombi
DSKer

Post by zombikombi »

Nice bus Daz, very impressed you've built your own plane! With that kind of background I think your resto on the bus will be pretty special 8)

Someone has done a good job in the past of retro fitting later 1963 onwards 'fisheye' front indicators, and covering up the old semaphores in the B-pillars behind the cab doors. (European/Australian buses before '60 didn't have indicators)
I wonder if you have later back lights as well?