Proud owner of a 1959 panel

New to VWs or just new to Split Busses? Want to know more? This page is for people thinking about, or just getting into splits - ask your questions, get some free advice, members always happy to help out.

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

4REEL
DSKer

Proud owner of a 1959 panel

Post by 4REEL »

Hi,
Bought a 59 panel from a fellow member in qld he had cut all the rust out. So now I have the fun part of welding the new panels in passenger dogleg, both outriggers, cargo sill, Both sides of the front floor, battery tray and corner. Apart from that it is great shape for its age. I got heaps of parts with the sale.
Picked up a r&r bed from Jamie at kustom kombi. I can't wait to get into it and on the road. Hope I may be able to pick your brains to help me out. Hopefully these photos load up.
Thanks
Charlie
1959 panel
warb
Mod

Post by warb »

welcome bud!.. they are coming out of the woodwork!. :)
4REEL
DSKer

Post by 4REEL »

Thanks I have seen you bus around nice ride
Will post some pictures when I work it out.
1959 panel
4REEL
DSKer

Post by 4REEL »

Let's see if these photos turn upImage
1959 panel
KombiMadness
DSKer

Post by KombiMadness »

Nope, links don't work....

If you want to post a photo in Flickr, click on the photo in the gallery, click on the share tab & then click on the link. It will become highlighted. Right click the link, copy and then paste in your DSK post..

But the best thing to do is create a (free) Photo Bucket A/C and up load your photos. Then you can copy and paste the photo here without any file size issues. Hover the mouse on your Photo Bucket uploaded photo, 4 choices appear, click the bottom choice - IMG code - it will flash 'copied' and then just right click in your DSK post and paste.....

Voila, photo is placed in the post! Hope that helps.
067DUB
DSKer

Post by 067DUB »

welcome dude, let the fun begin :D
warb
Mod

Post by warb »

cranebrook eye... me too, drop round for a beer mate.. or let me know where you are and ill come poke around in yer shed ;) ...

here are the pics for you.. looks like a good start.. :D
Attachments
6880569349_6c343be711_z.jpg
6880569349_6c343be711_z.jpg (142.59 KiB) Viewed 8600 times
6880570675_8d84c090b5_b.jpg
6880570675_8d84c090b5_b.jpg (426.46 KiB) Viewed 8600 times
7105652393_8d8392e8ce_b.jpg
7105652393_8d8392e8ce_b.jpg (474.41 KiB) Viewed 8600 times
warb
Mod

Post by warb »

KombiMadness wrote:Nope, links don't work....

If you want to post a photo in Flickr, click on the photo in the gallery, click on the share tab & then click on the link. It will become highlighted. Right click the link, copy and then paste in your DSK post..

But the best thing to do is create a (free) Photo Bucket A/C and up load your photos. Then you can copy and paste the photo here without any file size issues. Hover the mouse on your Photo Bucket uploaded photo, 4 choices appear, click the bottom choice - IMG code - it will flash 'copied' and then just right click in your DSK post and paste.....

Voila, photo is placed in the post! Hope that helps.
some good points, always best to upload to the forum tho(im guilty of not doing this sometimes) .. that way, if the outside links die, we wont loose the images in the threads.. go back a few years into old threads and youll see heaps of missing pics... (well you wont see em :roll: :lol:)
KombiMadness
DSKer

Post by KombiMadness »

That's true Warb but a lot of people aren't computer savvy and a lot of photo file sizes are big, so problems occur trying to paste direct. That's why a lot of Forum users give up trying to use a photo stored on their computer as an avatar - they don't know how to reduce the file size. Using Photo Bucket or other file sharing sites, makes it simple...

But yes, it is very annoying when looking at old threads and the photos have been sucked into the cyberspace graveyard..... fair enough point!

:D
Cam Biscuit
DSKer

Post by Cam Biscuit »

Here's some handy free software for resizing photos - pretty easy to use, even I can do it! http://www.fookes.com/ezthumbs/

Actually I now have a Mac and don't need it but good to use on a Windows machine :wink:
warb
Mod

Post by warb »

come on,where are the updates?.. :wink:
4REEL
DSKer

Post by 4REEL »

No updates yet just a long list of gear I need to get. Got some great info at the BBQ
Thanks
1959 panel