G'day, calling all Splitty lovers in Perth

New to VWs or just new to Split Busses? Want to know more? This page is for people thinking about, or just getting into splits - ask your questions, get some free advice, members always happy to help out.

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

evansr33
Newly Converted

G'day, calling all Splitty lovers in Perth

Post by evansr33 »

G'day folks,

I would like to say hi to all the fellow members on this forum. I moved to Perth from UK (Wales) almost a year ago with my wife and twin boys.

Regrettably I sold my 63 Panel Van a few years back in Wales which turned out to be one of the worst decisions of my life.

Like I said, having been over here a year I am slightly disapointed with the amount of Splittys I have seen during this time, I have seen hardly any for sale (unless I'm looking in the wrong areas?). I often see bays cruising around.

I want to start looking to purchase another splitty, maybe a project this time. Where would be the best place to start looking for such project over here in WA or does anybody know for any for sale, know for any parked up or know someone who may consider selling?

Lets all save the splittys!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
MISS VDUB
DSKer

Post by MISS VDUB »

Welcome to DSK, and my old home town of Perth. The scene has really picked up over there, with an amazing amount of Splitties coming out the wood work.

As far as buying one, if you limit yourself to Perth you will struggle. I almost always bought parts especially from the eastern states as W.A tends to fall in a blackhole when it comes to purchasing cars and parts.

If you do see something you like over here, there are many helpful and above all knowledgable owners who can inspect, know where to look for nasties and provide feedback for you.

Sign up to the NoH2o collective forum if you havent already as its a Perth based site with some great people.

http://www.noh2o.org/

Welcome, and happy hunting!

Cheers,
Ash
I've got a Split Personality ;)
mat54
DSKer

Post by mat54 »

hi there and welcome
I can only second ash on this one.
There are not many here in wa and often they get passed around without advertising them.
having said that i have seen a few on the local gumtree lately so keep your eyes peeled.
good luck
cheers
steffen
(fremantle)
evansr33
Newly Converted

Post by evansr33 »

Thanks for the reply guys.

I have signed up to noh20 collective and put up a post, wanting a kombi.

I have also placed a wanted ad on gumtree.

Havent heard anything yet, fingers crossed I do.

Thanks

Matt
MISS VDUB
DSKer

Post by MISS VDUB »

Be sure to also contribute to forums too as you might get more of a response.
I've got a Split Personality ;)