Newbie saying Hi

New to VWs or just new to Split Busses? Want to know more? This page is for people thinking about, or just getting into splits - ask your questions, get some free advice, members always happy to help out.

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

gford
DSKer

Newbie saying Hi

Post by gford »

Hi All,

My wife and I have been looking at buying a split for about a fortnight now and I stumbled on this great community in the process.

I'm having a great time reading through all the old threads and checking out other members rides as I dream of how I want ours to turn out.

We hope to pick up a project bus soon... I'll be sure to post on here when we do :)

Cheers,
Geoff
68BUS
DSKer

Post by 68BUS »

Hey Geoff,

My advice would be to check out Das Resto Parts. Get very familiar with the split replacement panels they stock cause these are the areas you want to be checking very well for rust on any bus you look at.

Otherwise, the for sale section here is very good as most of the busses are described much more honestly than on ebay and the like.
Brad

1966 11 Window - Evie.

Volkswagen Kombi - The worlds Original Search Engine.
warb
Mod

Post by warb »

welcome mate!.. keen to see what the next incarnation is!..
gford
DSKer

Post by gford »

Thanks for the tips. I spent most of the weekend on The Bus Stop and creative engineering pricing up panels and conversion kits. I also found a great buying checklist over on Kombi Club.

Still looking for a panel shop with split experience in Brisbane though.
splitbus
DSKer

Post by splitbus »

Welcome aboard Geoff, yep bring another split to Brisbane, best of luck in you hunt
Mike |o\*/o| 55 11 Window

I don't have a bucket list I have a fu#kit list a mile long
D-Train
DSKer

Post by D-Train »

Welcome geoff. Bring on the project. Das resto haus is only a Quick drive down the coast for ur split restorations!!