LHD DC Splitty

New to VWs or just new to Split Busses? Want to know more? This page is for people thinking about, or just getting into splits - ask your questions, get some free advice, members always happy to help out.

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

Heath
Newly Converted

LHD DC Splitty

Post by Heath »

Hi all, I'm thinking about Selling my Early Bay and purchasing a LHD DC Splitty. Trouble is I really don't have a solid Idea of what one in reasonable condition is worth. I know the LHD's are cheaper than RHD's as most people don't want them, but how much cheaper?
The Low light we have is a great daily driver and reliable. What i'm looking for is a registered, reliable, DC Ute. If Anyone would like to share some advice on what they are worth I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks
68BUS
DSKer

Post by 68BUS »

How long is a piece of string.

Talking LHD DC's.
There was a nice restored one in Manly that sold just a few months back for 32k. recent resto and well looked after by the looks. Think it had upgraded running gear.

There is a canadian fella on here (dawerks) that has one on samba for 20k, just resteod the body (not sure about how full on the interior and running gear resto is). Landed that would be about 27k (I looked into it myself).

There is also a dc for sale in qld for 18k (on here and on gumtree). Soundls like it needs a couple of things done, not selecting reverse or holding second. Little bit of surface rust in gutter and nose and one outrigger may need replaing. But it is under 20k so it gets to be more viable.

Buess it comes down to what you want, what work you can do and how long you are willing to wait.
Brad

1966 11 Window - Evie.

Volkswagen Kombi - The worlds Original Search Engine.
bulliboy
DSKer

Post by bulliboy »

68BUS wrote:There is a canadian fella on here (dawerks) that has one on samba for 20k, just resteod the body (not sure about how full on the interior and running gear resto is). Landed that would be about 27k (I looked into it myself)
This one looks the goods
IF you are happy to go LHD?
Personally I couldn't do it but to each there own.
The dawerks one is under $20 K and he will ship for $2800, $500 for paperwork plus %10 GST should get it for under 25 K
If its as good as it looks I dont think you would get cheaper.

But personelly Id look at this
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 0963080035
Spend $10 or $15 on it and you will have a rare and special thing.
Windows rule>
Mitchell
Heath
Newly Converted

Post by Heath »

Thanks Brad for your informative reply, you have definitely given me some food for thought. Mitchel you are right that green 15 window sure is a Beauty!