DSK registration process

New to VWs or just new to Split Busses? Want to know more? This page is for people thinking about, or just getting into splits - ask your questions, get some free advice, members always happy to help out.

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

IN2VWS
DSKer

DSK registration process

Post by IN2VWS »

Hi Guys,
We have disabled the forum registration process due to the number of spammer registrations.

If you want to register, send an email with your details and we will register you.
Let me know your:
1. Real name
2. preferred username,
3. email address
4. mobile phone number.

I will then SMS (text) you your password.
The reason for the mobile phone number, is so that we know we are dealing with a real person, and to cut down on multiple ID created by the one user. If all of the info requested is not supplied, then your request is ignored.

Emails can be sent to der.split.konnection at gmail dot com
You will need to replace the 'at' with @ and the 'dot' with . (spam protection)

I will keep you posted if any changes to the process happen.

If anyone is having trouble logging on, also send me an email and I will look into it. There can be a number of reasons......one of them could be that you have not been active on the forum for over 12 months. Or, if you change your email address, then your account needs to be re-activated.

Cheers

John
Love is like a fart,
If you have to force it, it's probably shit.
warb
Mod

Re: DSK registration process

Post by warb »

ok, you'll notice the register button is gone, and for good reason...

you can no longer register on-line, if you want to become part of this on-line version of DSK please hit up a contributing member in the real world.. introduce yourself, talk shit about busses and we can arrange to get you online..

DSK started off small, a few enthusiasts talking splits, exchanging knowledge and getting the old girls on the road. This tight knit community shared experiences on the road and the dsk.com.au domain was registered and a basic forum setup for a place to gather and chat online. Over time the DSK community flourished, with a huge number of people joining the online version of the community, some without any real contact with other people in these discussions. The online growth has accelerated over the past few years with the popularity and interest in the splitty. With this growth the DSK spirit and sense of community has been lost, this can be reflected in the over popularity of sales section of the forum, also the lack of good input and discussion from the core members of the community. DSK will always be a part of the split window community however lately has lost it way. It’s for that reason the site was put on hold and discussions where had behind the scenes, these discussions revealed a need to take a breath and re assess how DSK would proceed. From this DSK will implement a few changes, although restrictive, these changes will assist in a return to the original ethos of DSK. Effective immediately new registrations have been put on hold, all zero posters have been removed There will be other changes over time, as an example no accounts will be activated or added without the applicant physically meeting and introducing themselves to a moderator or contributing member of the community, international applications will also be considered on a case by case basis. All this is to ensure the community spirit of the DSK online forum remains intact. Be a contributing part of DSK, as thats what makes it...
ogrule
DSKer

Post by ogrule »

Hi john
My son was a member I tried re- registering him no responE I
Have I followed the correct process his old avatar was azza82 and email address is Aaron.hogg@gmail.com
Cheers
Peter

I just reactivated him...
byronbus
Admin

Post by byronbus »

I just reactivated him...
ogrule
DSKer

Post by ogrule »

can you please delete the posting above as he is now receiving requests for registration
byronbus
Admin

Post by byronbus »

I do the regos, thought you wanted him registered?