The official secret greeting. Better late than never.

New to VWs or just new to Split Busses? Want to know more? This page is for people thinking about, or just getting into splits - ask your questions, get some free advice, members always happy to help out.

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

Longrasser
DSKer

The official secret greeting. Better late than never.

Post by Longrasser »

Nope, I cant recall ever putting up a greeting where and when I should have. So now I will.

G'day, nice shack you have here., let me just pull out this oil drum here and knock the top off this..
Much better.

As you can see, I've been visiting the DSK site for a wee while after being directed to it it by my SC driving nephew (who can remain anonymous ... or is that 'synonymous ').

After FINALLY getting the trailer hitched and dragging the Sunburn Express home, the 23 project has Officially begun, and as a result find myself drolling through web pages and old entries to make the journey a little clearer. DSK has been a little haven of info and good links for prepping for the rebuild.
So to that end, I say thanks.

I'm one of the few located on the western side of the sandstone curtain, and splits out this way are far and few. (trust me... Im still waiting to give a wave)

The build should see me lurking around here for a good time yet. I've got to share the lovin' between a few old Holdens and now this crazy bus, so I don't expect to be slamming in a donk and wheels on and rolling up to Valla.... Although that's 2014 isn't it....? Mmmmm :? (no, good things come in slow packages.... That's why I'm doing up a bus).

Cheers lads (and lasses), we'll be seeing you amoungst the tin-tops .

Regards, Dean
If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it.
The long term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists! Whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience.
Roo
DSKer

Re: The official secret greeting. Better late than never.

Post by Roo »

G'day Deano. Can't recall if I did an official Hello either!!! Welcome to the DSK and also to the Western Division of the Konnection. (Down the South West Slopes here!) Mine seems to be turning into a longer term project than I'd hoped due to life getting in the way. When it's on the road I'm planning on doing some driving so I'll come for a visit and a wave. Cheers mate, Roo
Cheers, Roo