New from Newy

New to VWs or just new to Split Busses? Want to know more? This page is for people thinking about, or just getting into splits - ask your questions, get some free advice, members always happy to help out.

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

surf77
Newly Converted

New from Newy

Post by surf77 »

Hi guys, I'm loving the forum. Im in Newcastle and I'm half way through a 77 Late Bay Sopru Camper resto. It will be a camper to get the family from beach to beach in style. One day, I'd like to restore a split panel van and keep it ratty just for me (wouldn't everyone?), so I'll be snooping around here for a while and drooling over the projects :D . Cheers.
headstone
DSKer

Re: New from Newy

Post by headstone »

welcome to dsk surf77
60 panel
Ian 68
DSKer

Post by Ian 68 »

Welcome to DSK
Proudly sponsored by Cunado wear.
1961splitdc
DSKer

Post by 1961splitdc »

Hi Surf Where are you in newy I am currently restoring a 1961 dual cab hopefully painted in January as well as a 54 beetle and trying to sell my country buggy at the moment.
Who is doing your 77 anybody in Newcastle
surf77
Newly Converted

Post by surf77 »

Thanks for the welcome. Splitdc, i've been doing as much of the work i can but decent welding and painting was beyond me so i handed it over to John at Custom Truck Painting behind the pet shop at Redhead. He has different old cars, trucks, hotrods etc every time i go there and he has done some really nice vw busses too. I was happy with the price and really happy with the work. I had a few quotes and he was the only one with heaps of experience with old cars. He is definatelly worth going to see. You can check mine out too if you like. I'll post a phone no in next post - im on the phone
surf77
Newly Converted

Post by surf77 »

49426970 - good luck.