Looking to get in...

New to VWs or just new to Split Busses? Want to know more? This page is for people thinking about, or just getting into splits - ask your questions, get some free advice, members always happy to help out.

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

NickV
Newly Converted

Looking to get in...

Post by NickV »

Hi all

New to the split scene and I'm keen to acquiring my first split. I have been a long time admirer of single and double cabs and now it's time to drink the kool-aid. Where is the best place to find splits advertised in Oz? There are a couple on carsales. Should you avoid splits with narrowed beams if you want to register in Qld? Any advise would be appreciated.
Ian 68
DSKer

Re: Looking to get in...

Post by Ian 68 »

Hi,

This is a good spot to find Splits for sale but you'll need to post a few more times yet to be able to view the for sale section I think ( ?)

Whereabouts in Qld are you ?

Welcome to DSK

Best

Ian
Proudly sponsored by Cunado wear.
067DUB
DSKer

Post by 067DUB »

Get 3 posts under your belt then go and look at Klaus's DC ... ready for the taking.
MID WEST DUBBER
DSKer

Post by MID WEST DUBBER »

There is also this one. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18321
NickV
Newly Converted

Post by NickV »

Thanks guys. I live in Brisbanes iner western suburbs. I have been trawling the net for the last couple of years going over the pros and cons of owning a classic split in these tough times, but I figure if you by something that will at least retain its value and it gives you enjoyment why not.
Having owned a '65 fastback Mustang back in the late 90's I know there is always going to be something to fix, as should be expected on vehicales that are geting towards 50 years old. I guess buying the wright one that best fits my needs/abilities is an important part of the process.
I'm not the sort of person to join a club, I would just want to have a vehicle to cruise about in on weekend as an alternative to my work supplied vehicle that is my only form of transport.
tar76
DSKer

Post by tar76 »

Welcome mate. When i was looking for one i usually just scanned here and carsales and also any dubs shows that came around. There is a big show coming up in Feb at the Abbey Muesum Bribie rd.
62 Single Cab.
Triumph thunderbird bobber
62 XL falcon.
And for F#%k sake no peace signs!!