new

New to VWs or just new to Split Busses? Want to know more? This page is for people thinking about, or just getting into splits - ask your questions, get some free advice, members always happy to help out.

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

grover356
DSKer

new

Post by grover356 »

hi there ive just acquired a split kombi,bullet front blinkers,two round lights at the back.the only numbers i can find are inside engine bay on metal on passenger side under fuel tank.VwK 715 7.Maybe a 1961? This kombi needs a lot of work,hopefully i can see it through to the end,i better get on with it,i'm 58 now!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I look forward to any advice available .Thankyou
IN2VWS
DSKer

Re: new

Post by IN2VWS »

Hi,
Welcome to DSK.
There should be an ID plate on the right side of the engine bay, as well as the chassis number stamped into the sheetmetal underneath the ID plate.

The number you found on the left side is a build number that is unique to Australia. More info on that here:
http://www.in2vws.com/index.php?option= ... &Itemid=79

Cheers

John
Love is like a fart,
If you have to force it, it's probably shit.
grover356
DSKer

Re: new

Post by grover356 »

John,thankyou very much for that info.i checked out the website and already have learned something useful,i will go hometoday and hopefully find the other id plate! Mine is aussie built! Thahkyou once again ged.