Hi from the Central Coast

New to VWs or just new to Split Busses? Want to know more? This page is for people thinking about, or just getting into splits - ask your questions, get some free advice, members always happy to help out.

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

Rovert
DSKer

Re: Hi from the Central Coast

Post by Rovert »

Hey Guys, thanks for the replys.
I eventually found a guy names Ali from Mobility Engineering in Hornsby.
Ali lives in Somersby on the Coast & was happy to talk to me on the weekend, no cost.
A really great guy & very helpful.
Since then the whole project has changed direction, so back to square 1, well not really.
Still a whole lot going on, but, maybe a bit easier to engineer, i hope.
Cheers.
GottaSplit
DSKer

Post by GottaSplit »

spl65t wrote:
GottaSplit wrote:Hi Trevor, welcome to DSK. I am in the process too of finding an engineer so I can get my bus official to carry more than 2 people. During my search for engineers I found this guy out near my out-laws.... http://www.terrytoomey.com.au/ I havent used him, dont know who has but as he is close and I dont have to drive far I will give him a go. If anyone else knows of this guy... let us know, likewise if/when I use him, I will revert....
Cheers
Jamie
Jamie, I have been to Terry Toomey. This guy ain't or wasn't VW friendly. He's more into the race & ricer scene. Bearing in mind he's very thorough. Will cost you just to talk to him and you need an appointment. Otherwise speak to the hand. If your after getting your bus approved for more seating worked out cheaper for me to just get an approved RTA belt fitting station. I used a mobile guy based at Winston Hills to come to my place. He gives you a ticket that you can take to the RTA or just keep a copy in your car.
Linz
Thanks for your reply Linz.... I will PM you so I dont hijack this thread :wink:

Trevor is Ali pro VW? Let us know how you get on.

Thanks guys
Jamie
Rovert
DSKer

Post by Rovert »

GottaSplit wrote:
Yeah he's fine with VW's, he did the engineering on the splitty hire limo getting around & he owns a 74 Bay.
GottaSplit
DSKer

Post by GottaSplit »

Rovert wrote:
GottaSplit wrote:
Yeah he's fine with VW's, he did the engineering on the splitty hire limo getting around & he owns a 74 Bay.
Ok Cool... I might go out and see him.
Perezoso
Newly Converted

Post by Perezoso »

http://mobile.yellow.com.au/nsw/cardiff ... neRedirect

There is the link to another engineer on the coast or just north in Cardiff. I know you have a few now but I suppose you can check them all out and go with who you like.

Could also be a good thread.