New member. Newcastle

New to VWs or just new to Split Busses? Want to know more? This page is for people thinking about, or just getting into splits - ask your questions, get some free advice, members always happy to help out.

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

Scottyb
DSKer

New member. Newcastle

Post by Scottyb »

Hi all,
Recently purchased my first VW a 57 Splitty. Its rego'd and on the road but as you would all know its an ongoing challenge to keep them on the road.
I had my first little outing last weekend and found myself with my head stuck in the engine bay quite often (dirty fuel) finally got it home decided to take it off the road and get it all sorted so i know where Im at with everything. Also couldnt help myself and bought a 2110 stroker and some chrome BRM's. No pictures yet but will get them on soon. Looking forward to the whole experience and hopefully you might see me on the road soon.
Cheers
Scotty
067DUB
DSKer

Re: New member. Newcastle

Post by 067DUB »

Hotrod !! , nice one man.. can't wait to see it on the brm's . Oh , Welcome :lol:
Scottyb
DSKer

Post by Scottyb »

Finally got around to getting some photos on here. Since my last post my new motor has turned up. Got it in and went for a quick run very impressed with it but now my box seems to be stuck in 1st gear but gear stick is feeling like neutral. Im thinking it is the selector fork at the front of box has either bent or become dislodged ( from reading info on here) Anyone got any other ideas??? Also got the wheels on. Hopefully get the front of gearbox off tonight after work and see whats going on in there.
Attachments
BUS 3.jpg
BUS 1.jpg
BUS.jpg
Scottyb
DSKer

Post by Scottyb »

I also put the POR15 fuel tank repair kit through tank why i had the motor out. Seems to be good but havent put any fuel in it yet so we will see how it goes.
Squidy
DSKer

Post by Squidy »

That is one sweet ride
scotty*85vw
DSKer

Post by scotty*85vw »

very nice man.

before you go to all the effort of box out get under and check front mount. if the little tab is off, nuts are centred in the shift coupling front and rear. I had a drama with mine and turned out to be rear shift coupler. It was a spare I had that was older style and rubber in the middle was torn so looked fine but wouldn't shift out.
D-Train
DSKer

Post by D-Train »

send it back n get the po to sort it out.. haha

nice ride man, looks the part thats for sure!