hello!!

New to VWs or just new to Split Busses? Want to know more? This page is for people thinking about, or just getting into splits - ask your questions, get some free advice, members always happy to help out.

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

lanmj010
Newly Converted

hello!!

Post by lanmj010 »

hi everyone,

My name is Michael and i am from Adelaide. i have just recently bought my first kombi, a 57 split screen. i have wanted one for a long time and have missed out a couple of times on a few other similar condition buses. This one however, i could not let get away, along with it came a huge selection of spares (mostly body and chassis parts) and brand new brakes. I am a full time uni student studying mechanical engineering and this as a side project will keep my love for hands on creative work and metal fabrication at bay :)

Before starting the kombi, i did a bit of research into welders and bought a Lincoln 180c mig. After a few more little setup things including a 15 amp outlet installation where i will be working on the kombi, work can finally begin!!

if anyone is in Adelaide with a bit of experience of restoring kombi's, i would love for you to come and have a proper look at it and make sure im going about things in the proper manner :)

cheers

Michael
Attachments
kombi DSK 2.png
MID WEST DUBBER
DSKer

Re: hello!!

Post by MID WEST DUBBER »

Welcome to DSK Michael :)

Would love to see more pics of the bus! 8)
GFresh
DSKer

Post by GFresh »

G'day Michael welcome to DSK

Bus looks cool mate, I love pre 60 busses

George
scotty*85vw
DSKer

Post by scotty*85vw »

welcome

keep the pics coming. original safari's! nice and early :). semaphore busses are the best.

plenty of advice and pics in the resto section to keep you well informed.
D-Train
DSKer

Post by D-Train »

welcome, best thing to do with the mig is buy a 15amp rcd, cut the plug n hook a 10amp plug to it so u can use it on standard fittings. it will trigger before u blow a house fuse
splitsville
DSKer

Post by splitsville »

Welcome. Just wondering did you just recently list this on eBay? And did this come out of TAS?
splitbus
DSKer

Post by splitbus »

Mike |o\*/o| 55 11 Window

I don't have a bucket list I have a fu#kit list a mile long