Hi there, Miki from Frankston South

New to VWs or just new to Split Busses? Want to know more? This page is for people thinking about, or just getting into splits - ask your questions, get some free advice, members always happy to help out.

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

miki
DSKer

Hi there, Miki from Frankston South

Post by miki »

HI there, my name is miki and I hope to become a split bus owner soon :) I have my mini 63 *woody* traveler in Shannons spring auction

http://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/lot ... Bu5U2ccSUk

assuming it sells the money I pick up for it and what I have saved from the sale of my old 2005 MINI JCW I should be cashed up enough to finally follow the dream.

Im in my mid 40's and have owned a few vehicles :) well actually 28 so far, I figured a few are interesting so I have included a list *got bored the other night and added them up*
Not in any chronological order

Vw super bug. #Red, whale tale & torana rear lights, centreline mags with chrome running boards and custom fab interior I did myself. 0-100kph in 15...........minutes#
This car took me to VW shows in the 80's and started the seedling dream of one day owning a splity.

Hillman hunter. #horrible but it was cheap and I was desperate for wheels when I was in the navy#

Toyota Landcruiser #bought to impress a surfer girlfriend = best two weeks in Lennox head.... Also the only two weeks spent in Lenox head#

Ford XA 351 #living the bogan dream with tons of power and no road feel, pos#

Hyundai excel swagon. #bought for 4k and sold 3 years later for 4k after the dogs wrecked the interior#

Triumph Tr 7 #bought from a friend who paid a fortune to get it resto'd he got ripped off and apparently so did I :-( #

Mini black/green. #inspired by my wife's dad who rallied them in the 60's, loved the feel, hated the lack of speed. This would lead to a 20 year obsession with making minis go faster#

Mini red. #bought to replace the one I rolled when I tried to avoid a collision#

Mini blue "donor". #bought for mechanical parts#

Mini yellow "donor". #bought for race parts#

Mini white "donor". #bought for panel parts#

Mini blue van. #a show car I bought that also turned out to have a poorly prepared resto done = another rust bucket and waste of cash#

Mini green toyota hybrid. #165hp turbo charged power in a 500kg car! why wouldn't you buy it! Sold to preserve my license at the time#

Mini blue traveller. #to date the best resto and balance of speed, new tech, old tech and quality I have ever owned, I will be bloody sad to see it go (only ever missed this & the bug)

MINI jcw #NFI why I bought this, but got back what I paid so all good#

Fiat 500 abarth "donor". #hilarious hill climb car I terrorised the neighbourhood with....the size of a postage stamp but sounded like a gang of Harley riders. Heavily engineered 700cc air cooled eng.

Fiat 500F Red "donor" #to put hill climb bits in and register but I got over the novelty of looking like noddy when I couldn't find room in the back for 2 great danes#

Niki 500 "donor". #horrid pos bought for a gearbox#

VW Bay van. #Won't mention where I bought this rust bucket from, would hate to give Volksworld at Morrabin the bad name it deserves. Buyer beware! I take ownership of my mistake#

Subaru Forester #wifes old work workhorse, I will keep until the split is 100% and then probably still use on crappy days#

Mercedes A class #lets play pin the fist full of dollars on the broken parts, sell your kidneys and limbs though as your going to need a wallet as tall as this list#

My motor bikes

Kawasaki 250. #First bike Learner#
Suzuki Katana. #Drag bike as I thought I wouldn't live past 25#
Yamaha 500. #Pos I bought to use on a Holliday#
Suzuki 1100. #I owned this and lived...all good#
Triumph Tiger. #A great way to learn air cooled tech#
Vespa. #Most dangerous vehicle I've ever owned#
Moto Guzzi Balabio 1100 . #Gorgeous sound, and the bike I finally realized I wanted to live more than ride bikes on. One night I rode next to a young P plater for about 5kms heading home one night while she was texting on her mobile the whole time. I wanted to see how far we got before she realized someone was watching her. It was 5kms along the same road I watched a woman pull out of a pub car park, hit 70km and go straight into the back of a parked car. She was unhurt... those two events finally put me off riding bikes.

Anyway I hope I haven't bored you all shiftless with my auto history.

next up is WHY a splity? Well apart from the dream car thing, I also have a gut condition that means I need to find a loo damn fast and knowing one is available actually makes it less stressfull and less chance of actually needing it :) and I am sick to death of using public loo's where the blokes cant seem to get the pee in the fkn toilet.. instead opting for the seat/floor/wall (so hey a camping loo stashed in the back of van = win) add to that I have two great danes that need moving around and hate driving homogenous toasters.

Anywhoo, wish me luck with the Auction as if all goes well I will be scouring the for sale adds :)
cheers Miki.
4tune8
DSKer

Re: Hi there, Miki from Frankston South

Post by 4tune8 »

WOW!
hell of an intro :lol:
welcome to the forum, I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here 8)
good luck with the auction,
cheers
miki
DSKer

Post by miki »

Well I'm a bit shy about being a split noob, but do have a little experience with other stuff :-)
Cheers matey
GottaSplit
DSKer

Post by GottaSplit »

Sheesh :!: :lol: ... Welcome :D
Looks like you'll fit just fine in here....
Jamie