New to VWs or just new to Split Busses? Want to know more? This page is for people thinking about, or just getting into splits - ask your questions, get some free advice, members always happy to help out.

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

2John3012
Newly Converted

Post by 2John3012 »

Hi there, brand new to DSK, but a VW owner for last 44 yrs (same VW that is). 66 fastback was my introduction to VW's as i couldn't afford a Kombi at the time and my previous ride was fading fast. Fastback now fully restored and featured in VWMA a few yrs ago. Bought my first split 4 yrs ago. Bus was at some stage ex military and comes in all over green and still has the military badge holder (at least the holes) in the engine door. All mechanicals re done care of Kimm at Indian (engine (2lt), ride height, brakes etc) and full interior refit care of Brad at Busnbug. Bus is largely finished, ex doing something with bumpers and looking for a new project/toy - 13-15 window split to fit out as camper. The next one will be even tougher to find !!

Struggling to post photos of the cars a this stage so they will have to follow once I crack the code. John
spl65t
DSKer

Re: New member

Post by spl65t »

nice one - welcome John
get a photobucket account open and easy from there
Cheers Linz
Der Splitty.....slowest thing up the Blue Mtns, since Wentworth, Blaxland & Lawson :twisted:
68BUS
DSKer

Post by 68BUS »

Hope you don't mind but is this the spectacular bus that I fell in love with and saved all the photos of?
Brad

1966 11 Window - Evie.

Volkswagen Kombi - The worlds Original Search Engine.
2John3012
Newly Converted

Post by 2John3012 »

Thanks Brad, very helpful. Also a few coats of Ankor wax has improved the look. John
Squidy
DSKer

Post by Squidy »

Seen this bus in the flesh and it's a very nice ride !