New Member..first post

New to VWs or just new to Split Busses? Want to know more? This page is for people thinking about, or just getting into splits - ask your questions, get some free advice, members always happy to help out.

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

Jerfab
DSKer

New Member..first post

Post by Jerfab »

Hey guys,

My name is Mike. I purchased an existing shop in the US a little over a year ago and turned hobby into part time business at the moment. Met a buddy named James in Queensland who has been a good friend and help to me and turned me on to you guys. I love beetles, ghias, type 3's, but really have a love for the split bus. Finally got down to working on a project and although I don't have a lot of time, am forcing myself to press forward and get this bus done so that I can drive it to an upcoming show in January. Ambitious goal, as you will see by the pics, but it's helping me to focus.

Hopefully, I will not anger the split bus/barndoor god's after you see the pics and get banned after my first post...haha. As you can see, not much of a purist but can appreciate those who are. I could really use some help with respect to the RHD assembly parts as we don't see many this way and there is limited information.

Thanks much

067DUB
DSKer

Re: New Member..first post

Post by 067DUB »

Welcome bro, I'm a fan of your work as I follow you on Instagram. keep the posts coming man .
Jerfab
DSKer

Post by Jerfab »

Cool brother..thanks! If all goes well, this should move fast with lots of pics, so stay tuned. :)
Leroy
DSKer

Post by Leroy »

Welcome to DSK! I also follow you on instagram! Keep up the good work mate 8)
2018 Year of the Barndoor
Frogsta
DSKer

Post by Frogsta »

Jimmy was at our place the other day and took pics of a pedal assembly but we weren't sure exactly what you needed.
DSK is the place to ask about rhd pedal assemblies so fire away with questions I'm sure one of us can help.
Love your work ,
Frog #deluxekombiservice
"-Hannovermetalmadness-"(Debilitating desease with no known cure).
Jerfab
DSKer

Post by Jerfab »

Thank you sir!..and thanks for the follow!
rodz
DSKer

Post by rodz »

Jimmy has alot to answer for...... Good to see you on here Mike, I follow you on insta and facey. Love your work. Seems you have a cult following lol.

cheers Rodz.
Jerfab
DSKer

Post by Jerfab »

Frogsta wrote:Jimmy was at our place the other day and took pics of a pedal assembly but we weren't sure exactly what you needed.
DSK is the place to ask about rhd pedal assemblies so fire away with questions I'm sure one of us can help.
Love your work ,
Frog #deluxekombiservice
Yeah, he shot me some pics and they provided some insight. I will shoot some pics of what it is I am after. Basically, the bus I'm working on is being converted to RHD. I have an original RHD bus frame section and barndoor pedal assembly but need to know if there are bits missing. I purchased the bus with the parts so I am not sure what, if any, parts I need to complete. Thanks in advance for your help!
Jerfab
DSKer

Post by Jerfab »

rodz wrote:Jimmy has alot to answer for...... Good to see you on here Mike, I follow you on insta and facey. Love your work. Seems you have a cult following lol.

cheers Rodz.
Thanks Rodz! Haha..don't know what that means but I'll let him answer...lol
paul willans
DSKer

Post by paul willans »

Welcome, most of our busses are modded one way or another ,if you need pics a lot of us have a bus on a rotisserie or blocks easy to get a pic
clk500 AMG
64 s Notch
57 Boronia Brown bus
59 Pmg ute
62 Beryl Green bus
Jerfab
DSKer

Post by Jerfab »

paul willans wrote:Welcome, most of our busses are modded one way or another ,if you need pics a lot of us have a bus on a rotisserie or blocks easy to get a pic
Nice! Thanks Paul. I'm going to start a build thread and then I can address the issues that I need assistance in.
h
DSKer

Post by h »

Welcome aboard mike!
looking forward to seeing your progress :)
cheers pauly
Barrels available SE Qld - http://www.barrelman.com.au

Slashing & Excavating - http://noosaslashing.com.au

Fantasy - http://seventhchronicle.com
Jerfab
DSKer

Post by Jerfab »

h wrote:Welcome aboard mike!
looking forward to seeing your progress :)
cheers pauly
Thanks brother..starting a build thread now... :shock: