Hi there

New to VWs or just new to Split Busses? Want to know more? This page is for people thinking about, or just getting into splits - ask your questions, get some free advice, members always happy to help out.

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

Rambam
DSKer

Hi there

Post by Rambam »

Hi everyone. I've been wanting to join this forum for a long time. I'm still searching for my first splitty. It started with just a splitty until i learned more about them then it had to be a pre 58. However after learning about barndoors, a couple of years ago, i'm totally dedicated to finding one. As per probably most people here i'd love to find a RHD 54 with original paint. I can't think of anything better than a BD with 3 bench seats. A bit like Drue Arnold's grey one in the UK.

Well stoked to be registered here and hope you keep a look out for me :-)
bulliboy
DSKer

Re: Hi there

Post by bulliboy »

fankyou mam!
welcome hope you are able to meet your high expectations! At lease you arnt specifying a corner window 54. My advice is to grab whatever you can find / afford and if its not the early earn heaps in the process and work towards trading up to the 54 . M
D-Train
DSKer

Post by D-Train »

Welcome.

U will find the Aussie barnys are all rhd so that's ticked off a box already. Now there was super limited numbers of them, so get searching..
Or find someone willing to part with one!
Rambam
DSKer

Post by Rambam »

Yep i'm totally hoping someone wants to sell one. Fingers crossed. Do they come up often?

let me know if you hear anything :P

Thanks again
spl65t
DSKer

Post by spl65t »

Welcome, your getting warmer to finding one if you've found DSK.
Whereabouts you located ?
Linz
Der Splitty.....slowest thing up the Blue Mtns, since Wentworth, Blaxland & Lawson :twisted:
gaz
DSKer

Post by gaz »

Hi RamBam, are you in WA?