YEW, finally on DSK...

New to VWs or just new to Split Busses? Want to know more? This page is for people thinking about, or just getting into splits - ask your questions, get some free advice, members always happy to help out.

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

fabo
DSKer

YEW, finally on DSK...

Post by fabo »

Hey guys and gals, would like to introduce myself to u all.. My names Chris but I like to be called my nickname fabo, it's actually strange when people call me Chris to tell u the truth, haven't heard it much since I was about 13...yabbering on now.. Anyways I'm just acquired my first bus and obviously a splitty at that... I'm the new owner of cam biscuits old 60...comet.....im still waiting for the Old girls arrival over here in Perth and I can say IM EXCITED... I'm frothing to say the least.... Hoping she arrives early in the day so I can go cruising and get some bonding time happening, if that fails I'll be cruising down south to Busselton area, so a nice long drive for the wknd...

I've only driven a bay once and been in a bog stock splittie once also. Both were horrible, bay was just not looked after and the split, we'll maybe that's just how they are stock.... So buying one sight unseen and just by word is a gamble, but I was sold...also due to the fact my wifey convinced me to buy it.. Never thought I'd spend the money on one really..... I'm hoping to use it for a daily, just slow down and enjoy the drive.. That's my plan, if it gets to much of a chore for a daily I'll buy myself a cheap daily hack....
I've owned only beetle's, first was a 71 super which was once featured in vw Aus mag back in the day we'll before I had it", second was a 68 stocks, drove it to WA from wollgoolga nsw, camping and surfing for 5 weeks then thrashed it up and down dirt tracks in Margie's area surfing for a year.. Moved to Sydney while it was parked at a mates for 9 months. Came back jump started it, she fired up and off I went again. Such a reliable girl Bobo was... Then another pre 67,then a 64 that went from running a 1680 to a 2054, slowly turning it into a hillclimb car but still drove it on the road... Then I bj irs'd it, a hipo 1916"my combo " Pobjoy built engine, full albins geared close ratio lsd bix, caged etc etc..Got a yellow sticker then it stayed a trailer queen to events. Then I Wrote that off into a cement barrier at the speed of a snails.... Built from the ground up 69 bug over 2.5 yes full race car, lightened etc then third tuning day at barbagallo raceway I blew my engine up and salvaged not much at all.... Cracked the shits and sold all the go fast vw gear and ever since been transplanting a mid mounted kawasaki zx14 engine into it... I don't have much to go to finish it but ran out of enthusiasm along time ago... I haven't missed hillclimbs or sprints much at all so my plan is to move it on for a very reasonable price.... So that's a quickish rundown of my Aircooled past.... Other then vw's, I'm a bodyboarder, beach is my medicine, keep to myself a bit, a massive perv on the ladies haha with help from my wifey, love kickboxing mma, pretty chilled down to earth, "besides when I'm driving amongst Perth drivers", eat mostly plant based, don't drink much, don't mind a toke every now and then, love live gigs and getting my boogie on. Outdoor over indoor.. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh that sums me up pretty much...

So hi again and can't wait to get some tips and help from you dsk ers....

Peace luv n hippies
Fabo....
splitthis
DSKer

Re: YEW, finally on DSK...

Post by splitthis »

Welcome mate, nice bus to have for a first bus. They are all shit to drive, nice ones are just less shit :lol: it’s worth it though.
Chasing any Neiman steering lock parts, will consider anything.
fabo
DSKer

Post by fabo »

Well let's hope mine will be the best of the not so shit ones to drive :mrgreen:
rabidkombi
DSKer

Post by rabidkombi »

Welcome mate,enjoy the new bus
Griffin
DSKer

Post by Griffin »

Welcome aboard, where are you in Perth?

We’re moving back to freo early next year too
Gordon
http://www.allaircooled.com.au
63 SC my daily driver
62 11 window
60 23
59 SC (project)
68 Country Buggy KO329

56 shorty kombi-sold now a Retro RV
68 Country Buggy KO418 (sold)
67 PMG sold - sold
61 Karmann Ghia - (the wifes) sold
fabo
DSKer

Post by fabo »

I'm up in beldon near Joondalup
Cam Biscuit
DSKer

Post by Cam Biscuit »

Welcome mate - I hope you like the old girl :shock: :mrgreen:
fabo
DSKer

Post by fabo »

Just a shout out to cam arnott "cam biscuit on here" a big thanks for the patience and waiting on me to get finances together etc... Was a pleasure dude and thank u, I'm absolutely wrapped... :D :D

Fabo....
D-Train
DSKer

Post by D-Train »

Well done mate! That’s a cracker of a bus! Welcome here also!
fabo
DSKer

Post by fabo »

D-Train wrote:Well done mate! That’s a cracker of a bus! Welcome here also!
Cheers dion :mrgreen:
I got a base 1916 on the way too, just by chance I bought it before the splittie for my oval project, but going to chuck it in the bus, see how it goes..
gaz
DSKer

Post by gaz »

fabo wrote:I'm up in beldon near Joondalup
Hi Fabo, your literally around the corner from me, 5 mins lol.
Hopefully see you around.
fabo
DSKer

Post by fabo »

gaz wrote:
fabo wrote:I'm up in beldon near Joondalup
Hi Fabo, your literally around the corner from me, 5 mins lol.
Hopefully see you around.
Yew sweet azz gaz, if u run into me dude just say hi..