New kid on the block

New to VWs or just new to Split Busses? Want to know more? This page is for people thinking about, or just getting into splits - ask your questions, get some free advice, members always happy to help out.

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

morts
DSKer

New kid on the block

Post by morts »

I recently stumbled accross the VW Magazine Australia and was looking to join a vw club coz I have an early Karmann Ghia that had been sitting in a shed for far tooo long (a good chunk of most of the last ten years!).

The upshot is the Karmann is now on the road, I'm a subscriber to the magazine and the family has just been on our first run with the club - all good, so far...

The problem now is that I have developed a burning desire/obsession/ compulsion to own a splitty. Is it the mag, is it the club or is it just...me?

If it helps there was an ex pmg bay window in my wife's family that everyone took around oz to do their thing and we owned it for a while - eventually it was pushed into a corner, the wheels were taken off and it was turned into the damned coolest kid's cubby house you ever saw!

Anyway, looking forward to settling into the challenge of hunting down our first early bus and now have kids, rellies and friends on high 'kombi' alert!
No matter what happens they can't take you out in the street and shoot you......
crewcabconnection
Mod

Post by crewcabconnection »

welcome ... split desire is natural VW elvolution.
Cognitive Dissonance - The only way to grind.
frenzix
DSKer

Post by frenzix »

welcome! good to see new faces

Tim
morts
DSKer

Post by morts »

Thanks guys. It appears as if the evolution may be turning to reality at warp speed!. I will be picking up my first split tomorrow! :D :shock: 8) Once safe and sound under lock and key I will elaborate....
No matter what happens they can't take you out in the street and shoot you......