New recruit from over the pond

New to VWs or just new to Split Busses? Want to know more? This page is for people thinking about, or just getting into splits - ask your questions, get some free advice, members always happy to help out.

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

loVol
DSKer

New recruit from over the pond

Post by loVol »

Hi,

Was directed over here by another bus mad Kiwi, but haven't had much time to post (only have computer at work!). Have done a bit of reading though.

I am busless at the moment, but am on the lookout for another project. I'm going to be returning to NZ (from London) in time for Xmas, so the real hunt will start then. I have found finding a bus it relatively easy, compared to getting someone to actually sell!!!

This was my last effort: '66 Kombi - (hopefully it's not too big!)

One thing I would like to ask is, with my last bus I used stuff from Creative Engineering. There was a place over in Oz that was selling their stuff (ClassicVW), are they still around? Could someone let me know their web address?

Cheers, Daniel.
MrScooter
DSKer

Post by MrScooter »

hey hows it going, you could try george at classic vee dub, or roy at the bus stop, i have got stuff form both of them, and i've been happy with both. you might have to google for them, just add .com.au good luck. mick
vsleepy
DSKer

Post by vsleepy »

nice bus mate,
ClassicVW=The bus stop
http://www.thebusstop.com.au/
loVol
DSKer

Post by loVol »

Cheers for that guys.
crewcabconnection
Mod

Post by crewcabconnection »

I thought that bus had an Indian set up www.kruizinwagon.com.au
Cognitive Dissonance - The only way to grind.
loVol
DSKer

Post by loVol »

Yup, it's got the bolt in IRS kit and adjustable spingplates in back. And uses the Chief's late model disk kit up front (then adapters to the wheels).

I was refering to the rack and pop-outs from CE, just hoping the shipping from Aus will be a it better than from the UK!

Can't wait to get into a new project, the 66 was my first bus so learnt a lot through that, so hopefully the next one will be even better.