DSKer

Re: 1960 Split Window Resto/Rebuild

Post by VRSenator065 »

Agreed, itching to see it colour...
VRSenator065
DSKer

Post by VRSenator065 »

Bit of an update, it's not far from colour, the underside is all texture coated. Also been knocking off a few things while waiting. The rock-n-roll bed mods are all done, so ADR-compliant headrests and also child restraint anchors. Front suspension is 99% finished now we have the sway bar mounted, so I have stripped it down and will get Dan to two-pack the bits in satin black and then reassemble. The only thing left is to corner weigh the bus once it's finished so we can spec the spring rates and make the springs. The rear suspension is almost finished, just need to get the new calliper mounts machined, also the trailing arm pivot. I am sure there is other stuff I have done since the last post but maybe that's it.
067DUB
DSKer

Post by 067DUB »

Oooh nice !
D-Train
DSKer

Post by D-Train »

That’s a lot of oooooooweeeee
63 left hooker
DSKer

Post by 63 left hooker »

Been wondering what's been going on for the last month, beautiful work as usual!
61 dc
67 beetle
VRSenator065
DSKer

Post by VRSenator065 »

Unfortunately, I have forgotten my password, and no longer have access to the original email address I set this up with. I don't seem to get any replies to my requests to reset it so I can't make posts on my phone, so I will only get on here occasionally. If this old PC kicks the bucket I am sort of screwed. If you want to follow more regular updates I have a FB page for it, just search for "1960 Split Window Kombi - Walter".

I think I have finalised the rear calliper mount. I printed up a mockup and it fits perfectly. Always nice when the physical assembly measures exactly as per the CAD model, gives you confidence before committing to manufacture. I think for me that's the next step, machining of those and also the trailing arm pivot. Should be in the paint booth soon.

splitthis
DSKer

Post by splitthis »

PM Matara about your password. I think he is the computer wiz keeping the place running. All the emails go to guys no longer active. If you have an iphone the password will probably be saved in you password keychain in the settings menu.....how can a man so good with CAD/computers forget his password? :lol:
Chasing any Neiman steering lock parts, will consider anything.
VRSenator065
DSKer

Post by VRSenator065 »

splitthis wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:56 pm PM Matara about your password. I think he is the computer wiz keeping the place running. All the emails go to guys no longer active. If you have an iphone the password will probably be saved in you password keychain in the settings menu.....how can a man so good with CAD/computers forget his password? :lol:
Thanks, have message him, that's part of the bloody issue, too many passwords for this old head to remember. And everything iPhone IMO should be killed with fire :evil:
onetrackwonder
DSKer

Post by onetrackwonder »

Great work, that little Splitty is going to handle and stop like a race car, cheers Greg
D-Train
DSKer

Post by D-Train »

Updates?
VRSenator065
DSKer

Post by VRSenator065 »

Been flat out on it actually. Still heard fuck all from anyone about resetting the password which makes getting on here a pita tbh. Finally getting into colour. The front suspension is all pulled apart 2 packed and reassembled. The rear is also pretty much finished waiting for the bus to come back. Then I can fit them both, and mount the steering right angle box exactly then it's at least rolling on its own 4 wheels since I don't know when. The Rock n Roll seat is all done with the child's restraint bar, headrests etc. Andrews has done the gearbox, and the engine is in progress. Ticked off a ton of smaller jobs whilst waiting for the painting to be finished, tbh can't recall what they all are. Some pics of the colour combo off the gun which we are really happy with.
spl65t
DSKer

Post by spl65t »

Awesome mate, what a journey !! Bet the first time seeing it in colour would of been awesome.
Congrats
Linz
Der Splitty.....slowest thing up the Blue Mtns, since Wentworth, Blaxland & Lawson :twisted:
067DUB
DSKer

Post by 067DUB »

Paint! Well done mate, stunning
red hot bus
DSKer

Post by red hot bus »

What a transformation, is that a little gold pinstripe I spot?
Way too many projects
Cheeseboard
DSKer

Post by Cheeseboard »

Love the burnt orange.

It is burnt orange isn’t it?

Hope you plan on driving this thing.
Ideas man
Minister for Finance
Scared of wife finding out what I’ve spent