Driving after 23years of sitting and Painted!!!

Post pics and info of your rides here split windows only

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

Dasdubber
DSKer

Post by Dasdubber »

I vividly remember my phys ed teacher when I was 14.....my mind was occupied thinking of a different sought of "split" though ;)

Good luck young fella - I've got nothing constructive to add apart from reminiscing about my old teacher, and for that I thank you!

hehehe
volma1
DSKer

Post by volma1 »

By saying battled I mean't he did everything himself and for someone that is not a pro he does a reasonable job and puts in a lot of time. So those that are canning his repairs should have looked at the minimal amount of rust on the vehicle when purchased. It wasn't just a jam job and the rust areas are still there for all to see as Will told you. I have sold more than 20 buses (with most going to Vic ) over the past 7 years so maybe some on here have one, does that include you IN2VWS. They were sold thru members on Aussieveedubbers as I was an ebay virgin but knowing what I do now that is the 1st place I would go after reading the crap on here. Some may say stop the pulp mill, I say give Will a go. Final words, volma1
IN2VWS
DSKer

Post by IN2VWS »

volma1 wrote: I have sold more than 20 buses (with most going to Vic ) over the past 7 years so maybe some on here have one, does that include you IN2VWS.
No, that does not include me. I don't recall ever buying a thing from you. The only split I have bought from here was from Bruce.
Why would you think I bought one of your buses?
Love is like a fart,
If you have to force it, it's probably shit.
kombi1976
DSKer

Re: Will's Bus

Post by kombi1976 »

volma1 wrote:Bid on ebay for it or shut up.
And so shall we see the last of the good splits leave for distant shores with better exchange rates.
You talk about wealthy fathers.
Pretty soon your sort of mentality will mean only wealthy fathers could help to afford them.
Tell me, volma, why are house prices in Sydney so high these days?
Because baby boomers who had the money for investment properties pushed them up.
Young people can't afford to get into the game now.
Splits are soon headed for the same fate.
The difference is that you can't stick a Sydney house in a container and send it to the UK where it becomes at least doubly expensive.
Ebay is a blight on the VW landscape and those more interested in their back pocket than the long term life of the split scene here will hasten the end.
I think we all know who NOT to sell their split to if we should feel like a change in transport.
Better still, how about you set up your own export service?
Cheers & God Bless

'62 Beetle
'62 Panel project
'67 Panel
lobus
DSKer

Post by lobus »

Seems like this has turned into a "kick Volma" thread. I know of at least two buses that were re discovered by him. One won the Rat prize on Sunday I think and the other is a twin cab up north. I have always been surprised by the low amount he sold them for as well.
But I do like lo things I must admit.
kombi1976
DSKer

Post by kombi1976 »

If he's reasonable in terms of price and method then why the rhetoric?
Cheers & God Bless

'62 Beetle
'62 Panel project
'67 Panel
frenzix
DSKer

Post by frenzix »

ok this is wrong.. let's leave it.
IN2VWS
DSKer

Post by IN2VWS »

lobus wrote:Seems like this has turned into a "kick Volma" thread.
No, I don't think this is a Volma kicking thread.
Volma has shared his point of view, and made some comments, myself and others have just responded to these comments.

John
Love is like a fart,
If you have to force it, it's probably shit.
1963 Empi Radar
DSKer

Post by 1963 Empi Radar »

Listen here,

I was NOT TRYING TO RIP ANYONE OFF. I GENUINLY WANTED A SPLIT, BUT DUE TO MY FATHER SPENDIG QUITE A LOT OF MONEY ON THE SPLIT, WE BOTH AGREED THAT SELLING IT WAS THE RIGHT DECISION. IT WOULD ONLY SIT FOR ANOTHER COUPLE OF YEARS AND REALLY, ITS NOT WHAT I WANTED. I WAS NOT TRYING TO SCAM YOU OR ANYONE ELSE BUT I GENUINLY REALLY WANT A SPLIT. WHAT I POSTED ON EBAY WAS 100% TRUTHFULL AND ALL THE YEARS I HAVE BEEN COLLECTING VWS, AND SEEING THEM ONLINE, AND AT SHOWS I HAVE ONLY SEEN ONE OTHER 11WINDOW MICROBUS LIKE IT. IT IS A MICROBUS AS ITS ANOTHER WORD FORA KOMBI. THANKS TO SOME SMART ASS PEOPLE, MY NAME HAS BEEN DRAGGED INTO THE MUD. I DID NOT RIP TRHE OLD FELLA OFF, THATS WHAT HE WANTED FOR IT AND I PAID IT TO HIM. I DONT APPRECIATED ABUSE LIKE THIS THAT IS BEING SENT AND POSTED ABOUT ME. I OWN 100% OF THE KOMBI AND NO MEMBRS HERE TOLD E ANYTHING ABOUT WHERE TO FIND ONE. YES THE CAR HAS BEEN PAINTED, AND TIDIED UP AND YES IT HAS BEEN PLACED IN MUCH BETTER CONDIOTION THAN WHEN IT WAS WHEN I TRAILED UIT HOME. I DON NOT APPRECIATE LISTENING TO YOUR OPINIONS THAT PLACE A SLUR UNDER MY NAME. THIS IS NOT THE ONLY ITEM FOR SALE FROM MY "COLLECTION" ASS MANY OF YOU CALL IT. GIVE ME A BREAK AND KEEP YOUR SMART ARSE COMMENTS TO YOURSELF. THIS HAS BEEN SENT TO SEVERAL PEOPLE AND NOT JUST YOU. I JOINED THE KC AND THE DSK AS I GENUINLY WANTED A SPLIT, BUT THIS ONE ISNT FOR ME.

IF YOU WISH TO RING ME AND DISCUSS THIS FURTHER, PLEASERING ME ON 0448352413

SO MAKE MY DAY AND RING ME UP AND SEE IF YOU CAN SAY THAT TO ME NOT TO A FUCKEN COMPUTER. ID LIKE TO SEE IF ANY OF YOU HAVE THE GUTS.....
1963 Empi Radar
DSKer

And thanks for those who repect my decision. its no one elses buisness what i do or how i do it.
byronbus
Admin

Post by byronbus »

You can call me, im happy to talk, but not til after 3.30pm, im at school helping people get their education... Ill PM my mobile
Dutchy
DSKer

Post by Dutchy »

got a panel van in that 'collection'?
1963 Empi Radar
DSKer

when i say collection i mean a bay panel, manx clone shell, 63 bug, 64 baja, 65 shell and a rusted hulk of an ex 61 baja oh and this split which i am being grilled over
1963 Empi Radar
DSKer

two floorpans are for sale as well as a 86 xf falcon and various odds and ends. so im not trying to screw any of you
1963 Empi Radar
DSKer

Re: Will's Bus

volma1 wrote:I've never read so much shit from jealous vw (enthusiasts if we can use that term loosely). Bid on ebay for it or shut up. He deserves to get as much $wise as he can. I know the background behind the whole saga and as Will explained, to those without ears, I told him it would be a shame to leave it sitting for 3 more years till he had a licence, rotting away outside. So go, like Will, and get on your bike and look for your own project. Maybe your fathers are wealthy enough to do as Will's battled to do and restore one while spending time together. Finally put away the claws and stop acting like little girls. volma1
PS has anyone got a cheap splitty for sale on here, pretty quiet out there.
volma1
And thanks Greg for this post.
You have explained things better than me.