Forbes Soaring Bus [my 60 bus]

Post pics and info of your rides here split windows only

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

kombibob
DSKer

Post by kombibob »

hey is forbes sailing club still around ?
if so you should pay them a visit when its on the road they might have some pics of it in its former glory.
get down low and go go go
warb
Mod

Post by warb »

yeah you rerad my mind, club still there... when i picked up the bus, all the comments where, 'what do you want that thing for' .. 'that will never drive again' .. etc.. so im looking forward to showing up!.. will also pay camden a visit.. will be at valla for sure!..
warb
Mod

Post by warb »

pulled down the windows, not too exciting, however I have never seen it done before so I thought id post some pics for those who have not.... came apart quite easily..

used a scan from my factory 1958 vw parts manual.. quite handy...

before..

after.. however, the rubber around the top/outside was a bitch to get out... I now have a chunk out of my thumb.. so there is some blood on my bus :P..

I need 2 of these.. maybe.. where did I see repo for sale?.. may just use these again, they are straight..

also, im selling the 'NOS' rubbers?!... offers?
crewcabconnection
Mod

Post by crewcabconnection »

Think Steve's got them ... Doesn't Lee at Volkshaven make them up? Last time I think Steve bought the lot...I bought my bottom rubbers of Vintage ... (ouch) ... Andys got the rubbers sets.
warb
Mod

Post by warb »

maybe so, ill soon find out, im in two minds, do I paint all this up smick and put them back on the bus? or keep them shitty looking with new rubbers, sand back to the gray under all that yellow house paint.. to keep in the look of the bus?.. I like shitty looking.. :D
kom123
DSKer

Post by kom123 »

Warb wrote:maybe so, ill soon find out, im in two minds, do I paint all this up smick and put them back on the bus? or keep them shitty looking with new rubbers, sand back to the gray under all that yellow house paint.. to keep in the look of the bus?.. I like shitty looking.. :D
Shitty looking is your wife's expression when she sees you still on the forums!!
warb
Mod

Post by warb »

haha, me and the boy alone tonight, missus away for work.. back to the beer and popcorn!..
no show
DSKer

Post by no show »

i got a spare set of polished stainless ones , i think if muzza doesnt want them you can be second in line
warb
Mod

Post by warb »

no prob mate, I just cleaned up the old ones, they look good, cant have shiny things on this bus.. im easily distracted by shiny things..

put the pass side one together this morn, looks the part, wet and dry back to the dove gray, had to go back to black in some places, and some yellow still there... mm ratty.. then finished it up with some polish...

muzza72
DSKer

Post by muzza72 »

i still want them thanks darren i tried to send you a pm the other night but for some reason its still sitting in my out box i will try again tonight

cheers murray
warb
Mod

Post by warb »

da donk sorted... I can smell valla now,mmm... getting excited.. height may hve to come up alittle, will see how it goes once my fat arse is in it..

got all windows in now, thanks to steve..
.. gave it a bit of a light sand, that yellow burns your eyes, will go over with some polish also.. ha,

daveo
DSKer

Post by daveo »

She looks Wicked Dude! Very exciting.
frenzix
DSKer

Post by frenzix »

i love you
warb
Mod

Post by warb »

show me the love with a wiper blade.. seems i'm missing one!..
frenzix
DSKer

Post by frenzix »

got it in my little hand sending monday mornin! me swears