Introducing "Isurus" Sharky's new project

Post pics and info of your rides here split windows only

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

63 left hooker
DSKer

Post by 63 left hooker »

Hey guys, been a while since any news. What's going on??
61 dc
67 beetle
shark
DSKer

Post by shark »

Just taking our time mate no rush or that is what the bank manager tells me :lol:
I know what I am doing - I Think ?
63 left hooker
DSKer

Post by 63 left hooker »

Ah yes, the dreaded bank manager. I'm hearing you!

PS: should have a gift for you next week
61 dc
67 beetle
shark
DSKer

Post by shark »

sound like a good excuse for a beer at a pub 8) Any people out there in Kombi land who want to have a beer in a week or 2 on The Northern Beaches ? I have heard that the Terry Hills Hotel on Mona vale road has a decent sized car park. One idea ? Another idea the old fav at Collaroy ?
Any one else have a better idea on The Northern Beaches?
shark
DSKer

Post by shark »

For those of you who saw Isurus at the Das Resto Parts open day on the hoist. Yes she is getting a red 9 front end along with a LOT of FUNKEY GREEN PANNELS 8) It was great meeting Gerson and he is helping with some of the more off the wall applications to his pannels for this build 8) Thanks Mate :mrgreen:

Well work has started again for a short time so lots is happening hope you like the pics guys. Lots of bracing in the sub frame and repairs.

FrankenCab
DSKer

Post by FrankenCab »

damn..big job :)
shark
DSKer

Post by shark »

:lol: :lol: Dam man look at your avitar :lol: :shock: :lol: no seriously yep it is a big job but saving one of these old girls makes it all worth it 8)
FrankenCab
DSKer

Post by FrankenCab »

ha ha that bus is deceiving very good under all that moss n crap
shark
DSKer

Post by shark »

She had some bent bits that needed a touch of coxing back into position

With the help from Gerson through Al and work from the team the sub frame is almost back to where it should have been. A much of this frame section will also be boxed and beefed up to handle just a tad more horsepower for this project :wink:

shark
DSKer

Re: Introducing "Isurus" Sharky's new project

Post by shark »

Isurus if finally getting a bit more love & welds at present. Been a bit of a long wait and it will still take a while before she is on the road, but progress is underway (Thanks Al). She is a bit of a unconventional girl, but that is how I like the women in my life :mrgreen: One thing for sure though She will only ever be air cooled :mrgreen:
Attachments
10402050_10204965821682722_1360441131857870773_n.jpg
10402050_10204965821682722_1360441131857870773_n.jpg (26.32 KiB) Viewed 2445 times
63 left hooker
DSKer

Post by 63 left hooker »

Ian,

It's almost 3 years between posts, I hope she's worth the wait :shock:

I must admit it's been about that long since I thought the DC would head to Al's so I understand!

Where's the pics!!!!!
61 dc
67 beetle
Dasdubber
DSKer

Post by Dasdubber »

That's right Warwick…be careful or Ian will snavel your big turbo motor that's been waiting here patiently for your DC! :)

After doing two previous resto's with us, Ian is entitled to take his time on this one - when funds are available, we give it a nudge! The last three years have been spent collecting all the Klassic Fab panels we need for the SC (which is basically one of everything!), so whilst the resto was on hold, there was some indirect progress (you all know how long it takes Gerson to get orders out!)

Al :mrgreen:
Dasdubber
DSKer

Post by Dasdubber »

We spent a lot of time this week ensuring the alignment of the entire rear end including main chassis rails was correct - since this is the foundation upon which everything else is built, we had to get it right. Since the ute had been rolled over once or twice in its former life, the right side rear rail had to be pulled back to position by heating the cradle and porta powering it.

Image[/URL]

So after a fair whack of work (2 guys for 3 days straight), Isurus will go back to its temporary home on the mezzanine awaiting the next round of action!!
Al
shark
DSKer

Post by shark »

Thanks Al please post any pics you like mate :P Can't wait to get going on this project but as Al said it is a slow build. Hope to have another round done on he early new year :mrgreen: This old girl is going to end up being my daily work drive so my plans have been modified a bit along the way. At first I was thinking of using her as a drag way bus but Grover has that covered :lol: She will still be a bit different though so can't wait to upset any traditionalists he he. She will have surfboards, Motorbikes, shark bits (biology work) & dive gear floating around in the back, so just follow the smell at Valla and you will find Isurus :mrgreen:

Warwick Drink some time soon mate !!!
Shaven
DSKer

Post by Shaven »

I hope Al is adding one of these for you... remember it's a SC... so you have heaps of room :P
Attachments
2014-12-24 22.36.18.jpeg
Only those whom drive a Dual Cab, Know what real driving is all about