Introducing "Isurus" Sharky's new project

Post pics and info of your rides here split windows only

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

Dasdubber
DSKer

Post by Dasdubber »

Thanks mate, would definitely be happy with just the roof but since Ian's is in pretty bad shape too, we'd need the roof cut down to the level at the bottom of the windscreen and right down to the bottom of the cab divider (at least to the level where the divider meets the tray and has rusted right through!).
We'd be more than happy to facilitate in any way either cutting and transporting the roof, or transporting the whole bus - would have loved soemthing closer but single cab wrecks aren't exactly plentiful nowadays!
Al
martinigreenbus
DSKer

Post by martinigreenbus »

I've seen what you do Al, you are a magician.... You have taken that Shark ute from rolling to Ikea flat packs...... and it will end up being awesome again........ long before I ever get around to changing a flat tyre....

I can cut to your exact marks, by measurement or photo lines, pack it all up flat, or in the L shape (costly...er) and Star Track whatever bits you want no worries. I know Colin and he would be happy to help you out too... He is a good kid......

I recently sent some LL bus rear corner sections to Josh in WA and it all worked out OK... (pipe in Joshroom if I let you down :?: ) Did the same with some LL rear hatch and engine support sections for Doc in Geelong and a LL tank for Tony's splitty Lenny..... I don't mind doing favours for people if they are doing good stuff saving the saveable.... We recently cut the same blue LL roof for Tonz's S/C canopy creation and that smashed up front end bus has had pieces go to about 4 or 5 other buses...... so a good result seeing we saved it from Sims....

If you are keen on the plan, send me a PM and I'll give you my phone number.... Seems pointless to pay for transport to get what is generally oxide to get across three states to yours :?:

I bought a bus from WA a couple of years ago off egay and it was a total piece of crap when it arrived... the posted pics were a few years old... I tried to send it back and the seler was sarcastically happy to do that knowing it was going to cost me $1800 for transport for a $2000 refund....

Sometimes I should keep my egay mouse in it's holster after 7pm :roll:
Dasdubber
DSKer

Post by Dasdubber »

Thanks mate, I really appreciate your offer of assistance. Obviously we'd be happy to fix you up for any of your time in one way or another. Will shoot you a PM.
Thanks again,
Al
Dasdubber
DSKer

Post by Dasdubber »

Massive, massive thanks to Brent (martingreenbus) for travelling through pouring rain and traffic (accidents) today to pick up the rusty SC which will donate its roof for Ian's ute. The SC broke in half when loaded onto the trailer so at least we know for sure it wasn't saveable but will donate its organs to save another sick patient!

Cheers again Brent
Al
martinigreenbus
DSKer

hahaha, no dramas chaps.... it is pretty crook, but the roof section is good.

Where the chassis rails meet the back of the cab has completly gone on LHS and just about to go on RHS; she is well and truly a "project" car....

No troubles getting it, helps you guys out, so all is well... Will get the grinder into it tomoz.....

It's gunna suck cutting it, I hate cutting 'em, but it really is fubared.... it looks much better in the pics than what it is.... It's still on the trailer, but I think getting it off might result in two halves...... all of the structural members are gone and the entire arse end is kaput :shock:

martinigreenbus
DSKer

Here you go lads, took a bit of time and the poor old girl did bust in half, I can't believe it nearly made it into the shed it in one piece.... was so close...

Here I am trying to get it back off the trailer... a few less helpers than Colin's crew af mates yesterday, and gravity not such a good helper when so much of it is dragging it's arse on the trailer that caught fire last week. Long story, not related ;)

Gotta get the front down off the trailer, the cab and tray are pretty much being held together only by the seized up selector rod and one brake line. Can't see it but there is a couple of bits of steel angle in there helping hold it up.

Let the jack down and squared it up to try and allow the front to roll on the jack, went to the back and tried to pull it inside the door a bit, and her back broke. Had to grind through the gear shift rod, a couple of bits of wire and rusty brake lines.

Long story short, here's the money shot !

Do my best getting it in the post this week. Cheers 8)
shark
DSKer

Post by shark »

Thanks Brent I really appreciate the help on this :D Will bring Isurus down for you to have a look at once she is finished. Anny excuse for a trip down south for a surf & beer
I know what I am doing - I Think ?
martinigreenbus
DSKer

Bloody Hell! Try wrapping this :wink: Worse than Christmas for the kids junk :wink: sorry for the week's delay, was a timing and location logistical impossibility :wink:

Here's a start

Getting a bit more complicated

Waiting for Mr Star-Track... its bloody big guys, cubes are going to be :shock: :?:

Give me a ring when it arrives, should be in a truck leaving Dandenong tomorrow morning 8)
matara
Admin

Post by matara »

Now thats what DSK is all about! Top work fella
Dasdubber
DSKer

Post by Dasdubber »

Fantastic effort mate, we really appreciate you going above and beyond the call of duty.

As mentioned, happy to reimburse you for your time/hassles/expenses as thats the least we could do....in the interim you'll have to post a pic of the nose as your new wall hanging when you get a chance!

Cheers again, sincerely appreciated.
Al
63 left hooker
DSKer

Post by 63 left hooker »

Hey Ian, been very quiet on this front. What's going on??????
shark
DSKer

Post by shark »

Quietly humming along in the back ground mate . First I had to get a 79 Bay sorted for my Son Chris for his wedding present from Sue and I (Thanks to AL and a lot of work) Now Chris has the Bay, all new and spiffy, I could turn my attentions to a little project on Longimanus (see Longimanus post tonight) She will be finished soon and then we will be full steam ahead with Isurus. The time has been well used as Isurus will be a one off number 8)
shark
DSKer

Post by shark »

Well I promised that Isurus would be something different :wink: We have made a number of changes and refined the design over the last 6 months. She will be in keeping with the name Isurus (Short Fined Mako Shark) one of the fastest critters on earth (or as far as Splitties are concerned). We are also hoping for a totally original build something right out of the box.

Sooooo lets start with the dash (sorry originalists turn away now)

shark
DSKer

Post by shark »

First the old dash was repaired dints taken out etc

Then we pulled to old pod out and cut it in half then a new enlarged pod was constructed and faired. The idea is we want to fit both the taco and speco in the new pod. Once the pod was constructed to a level we were happy with we re installed it into the dash :?

Looks good so far 8) This project like Longimanus is being done by Al, Steve & Rob as Das Resto Haus. We are using a think tank process between the 4 of us to make something a bit different. I am not doing any of the welding, as I am ok on water pipe but I like to leave this to Al and the boys. Without them I could not take the single cab from a wreck to a new bus (Thanks Guys)

The build will be a bit slower than Longimanus but hopefully if the cheque book holds up she will be on the road not too far down the track :roll:
Tonz Magonz
Mod

Post by Tonz Magonz »

Love the factory-custom approach being applied here...

Look forward to more pics..
Wanted..Barny bits or 60's Supercharger other than Judson