The 64 ute

Post pics and info of your rides here split windows only

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

ranknfyle
DSKer

contact for paint in canberra

Post by ranknfyle »

hey mate i live on south coast and am having trouble finding someone with half a clue to paint my 63 ,could you give me any contacts in act
ranknfyle
DSKer

Post by ranknfyle »

hey mate where did you get it painted in canberra
no show
DSKer

Post by no show »

this is going to be the next thing to do i think , a few issues ago there was a dc in volksworld with this sort of thing done to it , probably more effort to do this that a good paint job , i will be doing this to my bus after the paint is chipped badly enough in a few years or more, awsome
crewcabconnection
Mod

Post by crewcabconnection »

I used the bloke T2 used. V Happy with it at the price...but he's in Sydney West... circa $4k in 2 pac.
Cognitive Dissonance - The only way to grind.
ranknfyle
DSKer

Post by ranknfyle »

and also ccconnection am looking for a good caravele let us know when you want to sell kipgamblin@optusnet.com.au
greenbus
DSKer

Post by greenbus »

Thanks guys for the good feedback :D

The utes ( single and double ) really lend themselves to this look I recon, it just suits them to a tee. This one was a bit of an experimentation but I love the way it looks. You could do a bit more, maybe wash a couple of other shades over the top to add a bit more depth, but as it is it does the job.
I painted it myself at home. Did it over a couple of weekends, I had trouble with getting the clear to matt, so what I did was put the base colour down ( which was matched to the original faded paint ), and mixed up a thin wash of the base colour/white lacquer/primer and sprayed the high points on the ute where the sun would have concentrated. I then finished it off by rubbing it back with some fine wet and dry.
The logo was then applied and rubbed back.

The best part about it is that even though you have a new paint job, you don't have to be worried about getting a scratch or a dent. It'll just add more character!

The tray and treasure chest are done in 2 pak for durability.

Had more fun doing this paint job than the green one, and it will turn just as many heads 8)

Got this one ready to sell to a mate up north, but if I can get the box changed in time I might get a friend to drive it to Narooma before it goes :wink:
byronbus
Admin

Post by byronbus »

Im looking forward to seeing that other ute you have, you know the one...
greenbus
DSKer

Post by greenbus »

Still a little ways behind.... :lol:
byronbus
Admin

Post by byronbus »

Cant wait to see some pics...