'63 11 window

Post pics and info of your rides here split windows only

Moderators: warb, Rawdyn, Leroy, byronbus, Tonz Magonz, dmb

Kombiiknut
DSKer

Re: '63 11 window

Post by Kombiiknut »

Proper flash Rusty, they look bloody awesome.
spl65t
DSKer

Post by spl65t »

Top work / design, even left and right handed

Nice one
Der Splitty.....slowest thing up the Blue Mtns, since Wentworth, Blaxland & Lawson :twisted:
braddick
DSKer

Post by braddick »

Kicking arse rusty
Nice one bud
MID WEST DUBBER
DSKer

Post by MID WEST DUBBER »

Wizard fuel neck trial fit for the bay tank. Big thanks Ian for making this for me. Can now be put in the pile of parts ready for paint.

vanell
DSKer

Post by vanell »

Good work Rusty , close to paint?
I see you haven’t drilled the 2 holes for the little rubber stoppers for the fuel flap, I forgot to drill mine on the red bus, pain in the arse after it’s painted
Did you use all of the rubber hose on the neck?, would be nice to get an accurate measurement so I can cut a few of them to size, looks like a tight fit in there. I have sold a few of these for Bay Window tanks in a Splitty but never get any feedback, maybe that’s a good thing
Kombiiknut
DSKer

Post by Kombiiknut »

vanell wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 7:55 pm Good work Rusty , close to paint?
I see you haven’t drilled the 2 holes for the little rubber stoppers for the fuel flap, I forgot to drill mine on the red bus, pain in the arse after it’s painted
Did you use all of the rubber hose on the neck?, would be nice to get an accurate measurement so I can cut a few of them to size, looks like a tight fit in there. I have sold a few of these for Bay Window tanks in a Splitty but never get any feedback, maybe that’s a good thing
I've got one of yours in my blue bus Wiz, yes it's tight to fit but works a treat..
VRSenator065
DSKer

Post by VRSenator065 »

vanell wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 7:55 pm Good work Rusty , close to paint?
I am about to fit mine, will post up how it goes, it's a very nicely made bit of kit in any event.
MID WEST DUBBER
DSKer

vanell wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 7:55 pm I see you haven’t drilled the 2 holes for the little rubber stoppers for the fuel flap, I forgot to drill mine on the red bus, pain in the arse after it’s painted
Good spotting Ian, I’ll get these drilled this weekend!
MID WEST DUBBER
DSKer

Kafer bar coming together. Another time consuming job with plenty of fabrication. Some critical placement to take into consideration, fuel tank outlet, starter motor and heater pipe clearance being the main items.
The diagonal arms I made from chromoly tube and clevises and tig welded by an engineer in town. Also had him tig the back side of my bump stop pads

splitthis
DSKer

Post by splitthis »

Jesus rusty, how small is your dick? Looks like your planning big hp?
Chasing any Neiman steering lock parts, will consider anything.
Cheeseboard
DSKer

Post by Cheeseboard »

Wants to beat Brad to the waffles at Coonalpyn and prepared to sacrifice penis size for the honour.
Ideas man
Minister for Finance
Scared of wife finding out what I’ve spent
MID WEST DUBBER
DSKer

Nearly 3 months since an update on my build. There has still been small progress steps but life has gotten in the way the past 8-10 weeks with our house builder going into liquidation, finding new builders, health issues etc.

Hopefully getting back on track now as the weather is improving.

Few progress shots of the 2.5inch narrowed beam I am building.

I designed the end plates and had a local business have them laser cut for me. These were a combination of a couple of end plate designs, thanks champ for letting me trace your template and explain the added castor.

CSP adjusters fitted, new bushes installed for centre pin, welded back on and reamed.

Kombiiknut
DSKer

Post by Kombiiknut »

splitthis wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:31 pm Jesus rusty, how small is your dick? Looks like your planning big hp?
😂
Kombiiknut
DSKer

Post by Kombiiknut »

:lol:
Cheeseboard wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:53 am Wants to beat Brad to the waffles at Coonalpyn and prepared to sacrifice penis size for the honour.
Kombiiknut
DSKer

Post by Kombiiknut »

Front bean looks awesome Rusty, as does all the rear support work.. Brilliant..